waiting for spring...

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by bigtaco, Jan 22, 2008.

1. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i fully intend to head up at least one steyr day in the pittsburgh area.

there are several ranges in the greater area. i'm just waiting until the temperature gets above shoe sizes.

we could start talking about it now if anyone's interested. i'm hoping to suck at ipsc MUCH more frequently this season. there's an ipsc match every sunday starting in march and if you've got a holster, five mags and pouches,

YOU TOO CAN CHARLIE, CHARLIE, MIC... at ten yards...

some of the ranges will let you shoot sub-guns on the ipsc course. handgun rounds only, but bring your sub2000, your 9mm AR or your beretta whatever-with-the-plastic-trigger-group and suck with it too!!

i mainly go to checkout the pricey race guns. seeing sti's, brazzos and tripps all lined up makes me all kinds of happy... especially when they jam HAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no pressure... til the buzzer beeps. but don't worry about it, just keep shooting til you're out of ammo, maybe the wind will knock over that 4" piece of steel at 35 yards.

there's been a lot of talk about getting a true three gun match going. we'll see...

i can promise a good time. good targets are up to you.

2. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

When I am up in Ohio, I will see if I can shoot over to say hi. Due to training and the lack of the ability to assign the day or month. I will try (try is the key word) to stop by and shoot the sh*t and send some lead down range. I am trying to visit different areas for training so I can meet some of the guys/gals.

Take Care,
    MTS

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

great! come on by!! just let me know.

4. midtnshooter

I would love that. My wife and my vacations won't match up, so I told her I'm spending mine shooting. I have the First Week in June Off. Maybe then we can meet up. Does your state allow TN CCW?

MTS

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

The wife and I will be making our summer trip to Pittsburgh in late June or early July so if that matches up with the "spring" match date, I'd love to join in. We haven't set any specific date yet, so when you get a date agreed upon, post it and maybe we can tailor our trip to that.

And if that works out, my son-in-law's membership at the Coreapolis Sportsman's Club range will be available for $5 per guest. Nice outdoor range where BT and I have shot before. :mrgreen:

BTW to MTS: Tennessee is on the reciprocity list with Pennsylvania, according to the NC reciprocity list, so your Tennessee permit grants you all the rights and privileges of a Pa. CCW license holder. :mrgreen:

6. midtnshooter

In the mortal words of "Bill and Ted's Big Adventure" (movie). EXCELLENT !!! :clap:

MTS

7. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

heck yeah~!!! i'll be here!!