Waiting for my m9-1a 9MM

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by jmlpa, Aug 7, 2007.

1. jmlpa

jmlpa Guest

I just ordered my first Steyr 9MM. I can't wait. This is a fantastic forum. :)
    Springfield 1911 1a
    Buckmark Target 22
    Sig 380
    Ruger Single Six

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Good to hear - they are excellent pistols. Be sure to post a range report to let us know how it goes, and welcome to the club! 8)

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Welcome to the club. As a former 1911 nut, I've only come in recent months to acknowledge that 9mm is even an acceptable caliber, much less a good one. But old dogs can learn new tricks. And the Steyr MA1 can teach them.

I'll make a prediction that your Springfield 1911 is destined soon to become your second-favorite pistol. :mrgreen:

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

5. BTF/PTM

BTF/PTM Guest

I'll counter your bet, NetfotoJ, 1911's are way too cool to take 2nd best :D That being said, I have the Sig 1911 and it's been a total pain in the ass since I got it 4 months ago. Going back to Sig tomorrow for the third freaking time. Sig builds awesome tactical guns, but they need to do a lil more work on their 1911.

As for your pending M9, you'll love it. It's a great little gun, very easy and enjoyable to fire. They look really freakin' cool, too 8)

6. jmlpa

jmlpa Guest

I am picking it up tomorrow.

7. jmlpa

jmlpa Guest

I got it!!!!

I got my M9A1. I followed the cleaning recommendations on the home page. I went out Mon and I put 150 rounds through it and it performed flawlessly. I was shooting 3 different brands of ammo and everything was perfect. I shot 115 gr Winchester, CCI Blazers and American eagle. I think I liked the Winchester best followed by CCI. I was able to shoot 3 inch groups at 20 yds after finding a comfort zone. It was a blast. :p