WA State IDPA Champs: Steyr M40A1 wins Expert SSP

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by ThaiBoxer, Aug 16, 2009.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Shot this today, had an alright day, 13 stages,only one procedural (for cover). I disagreed with it, but c'est la vie. First stage I was pumped up, remaining stages I calmed down.

Bummer: There were not enough Expert class SSP shooters for me to be declared State Champ. And the gun raffles, one went to the guy in front of me and one to the guy just behind me.

Met some nice guys. Had fun, but a long day (12 hours). I think I placed around 5th or so overall, maybe 98 shooters(?). Have not seen final numbers yet, so I may be full of shiite. We shall see.

About 170 trouble-free, case gauged shots with the Steyr. We actually did not have a single gun failure on my squad of 12 for the whole day. Not even on a Glock! Heh heh heh...

Go Steyr!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

The MAN!
    :cheers:

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Attaboy, Ben!!! :D

Here at home at the Steyrclub, "You're our hero, Bro!" Just know that we're proud o' ya! Keep up the good work an' fu*k dem mo'fo's. (They know who they are <shrug> )

Wulf <-- Totally behind --> Thai* :thumbsup:

4. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Aww, stuck my foot in my mouth. I was like 15th out of 90 or so. Just saw the posted results.

5. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

well 15 out of 90 sounds pretty darn good to me.

now you're ready for the ensuing ipsc smackdown that you will levy upon all comers next week.

and thai... you'll always be state champ to me.

6. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Cute, real effin cute.:lol:
    :D
    Ben