VWK Date Code = Frankensteyr?!?!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by BoreBrusher, May 26, 2013.

1. BoreBrusher

BoreBrusher New Member

It's a little premature for me to panic, but I think I might have just bought a Frankensteyr despite my best efforts. I did not even think that the advertisement said M9 instead of M9A1. The other thing that should have tipped me off is that the NIB gun shipped with 15 rounders instead of 17 rounders. Unfortunately I just paid attention to the date code that is VWK, or Nov 2012. I had never heard of a Frankensteyr being produced that late.

At this point the gun is bought and paid for AND I am not sure it is a Frankensteyr. No point is asking for more info from the company I bought it from since I already paid for it. But I am sort of pissed since if it is a M9 I paid too much. If it is a M9A1, I got it for a good price.

I will update this post once I find out what I got. I just never figured I'd get a Frankensteyr produced so late (Nov 2012).

2. JMJNet

JMJNet Member

The Frankensteyr if it has the "PW Arms" engraved on the slide.
    Usually the date code is sometimes in 2004-2005, mine is SOF.

It has been flawless, less problem than the new ones I heard from this forum.
    Of course, forum is not the best gauge since people come here to solve problem.

3. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

A FrankenSteyr is nothing more than an M9-A1, they're identical. They're just imported through a dealer instead of Steyr. There's nothing wrong with them and mine has been nothing short of perfect to date.
    Not sure why you'd worry about owning one?
    That said, if you were expecting and paid for the latest iteration of the M9-A1 and you're getting the 1st series of the M9-A1, I can understand the issue.

4. Jubal

Jubal New Member

I have a Frankensteyr M9-A1 (PW Arms) also, and as mentioned above, it has been great, no issues. When I first purchased mine and registered it with Steyr (AL), Jeff Reece said they warrantied them like the rest, which is good by me. Hope all goes well!

5. unit1069

unit1069 Member

I bought a 2005 M9-A1 in 2008 and even with the wrong extractor and mag springs it always fired whatever ammo I shot. Once Jeff sent me the free extractor and springs designed for the pistol it was the best shooting 9mm I've ever experienced. I only traded mine for a S9-A1 because of the CCW factor, and that pistol also is a marvel of quality build and reliability, with a free extractor provided once again by SAI.

I predict you're going to be very impressed with how your M9-A1 performs, and if you run into a glitch or two don't panic because things can normally and easily be put right.

6. Ruhac

Ruhac New Member

Is it possible that my steyr m9a1 is made i august 2015?? The code on the slide is: PWM

7. Ruhac

Ruhac New Member

I already have it Hurry1996.. Thank you! My code on the slide is PWM! And i can't belive that my Steyr is made in august 2015!! Wooow! :D:D