VIVA Steyr LAS VEGAS

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by jeepgrandltd, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jeepgrandltd

jeepgrandltd Guest

Greetings fellow members!!

This is my first post as I just recently joined 'THE' club. Actually, this is my first post ever on any forum, as sad as that may seem. I guess you can say I like to research more than bore others with my details.

My real name is Marty and I live in Las Vegas. I am 34 and just recently started getting into weapons thanks in major part to 'bigbob68', another member on SC. I will never forget when he first talked me into buying an M9 from CDNN back in Oct. of 05. In his words he told me that it was the best gun at the best deal he had ever purchased. With that and the fact that I have never owned one before I decided to take his advice. Boy was I a complete novice. I am lucky I didn't hurt myself and him at the same time. He even posted on here about how he had a friend who just purchased a brand new M9 and abused it on the first range trip (350+ rounds rapid fire on first break in @ range). Well, that was me.

Now fast forward a little bit. My M9 was sitting idle in the case from Oct 05 until May 07 when my experience with handguns got a major boost. I attended a 5 day Armed Citizen Corp training @ Frontsight Firearms Training Institute near Las Vegas. That totally changed my life. My M9 performed flawlessly as I abused it even more with 1200+ rounds fired in a 5 day period with only 1 quick field strip cleaning before day 1. Not to mention the HOT Nevada sun and sand/dust, etc.

To make a long story short, I have been a CCW since then and I also completed the LVMPD Citizen's Police Academy. I have taken a serious interest in law enforcement as well. I just recently purchased my 2nd Steyr from CDNN...M40-A1. I love it!!! Although it's still only being broken in with 140 rounds as of now. (no MLF's)

Thank you very much for all of the great info and education from Steyrclub and also bigbob68. I would not be a Steyroid w/o the both of you!!! And now I do my best to spread the word by mouth to further expand our cause.

2. bigbob68

bigbob68 Guest

Welcome to the Club and thanks for any and all input. You also said that you visited with SAI about a version of night sights for the Ma1 and that they are looking for someone to help out with the trapaziodal night sights. Welcome and you are very welcome for the M9 and M40A1.

3. jeepgrandltd

jeepgrandltd Guest

Thank you for the warm welcome Bob. And keep up the good work with your FFL transfers. Since you are w/o a doubt the best and least expensive in the Kansas City area, I will keep sending them your way everytime I can.

It wasn't SAI that I got that info from....it was Oliver from S-M. I really stressed the importance to him regarding accessories, especially the night trap sights. Hopefully I got thru to him.

4. bigbob68

bigbob68 Guest

Thanks for your contributions so far and I hope that more STEYR FANS will chime in and welcome you to the addiction of Steyr!

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Welcome aboard the best gun forum on the 'Net and I'm a member of several others.

Steyr pistols are indeed addictive, aren't they? I believe it's the best-kept secret in the gun world but hopefully it won't continue to be a secret forever. I'm hoping for some new models, both large and small, in some new calibers, particularly .45 ACP and 10mm, in the near future to bring some long overdue notice to the company. And a S357-A1 would be welcome, too!

And of course, if the AUG can be brought into the country, that would be a huge boost for name recognition as it is well-known worldwide, much more so than Steyr pistols.

Thanks for your informative posts from the SHOT Show. Let us hope this is a new beginning. :mrgreen:

6. Fireof59

Fireof59 New Member

Welcome aboard.
    You'll find some of the best info on the net from some of the most knowledgeable people I've been able to find anywhere.

And you'll find answers to questions most would be embarrassed to ask. (Those questions are usually from me..)

Good Luck

7. bigbob68

bigbob68 Guest

Hey, jeepgrandltd has realatives in Chicago too. I am sure that he'll chime in on that fact.

8. jeepgrandltd

jeepgrandltd Guest

WOW!!! You guys are the best...really!! Thank you for the additional warm welcomes. I was starting to feel lonely and thought that only BIGbob knew I was here. Now if only Syntax would acknowledge my presence then I would really be on cloud nine! I really admire his Steyr evolution and have looked at those photos many of times. It was one of the reason's why I purchased my 2nd one, even though I didn't need it....and now I can't live w/o it.

It is horrible what happened near Chicago today. My brother-in-law and sister live there with the kids. And he couldn't believe that I walk around armed everywhere I 'legally' can. He owns a Glock 17 and is even afraid of having it due to the Nazi regieme in Chicago.
    The good news is that he was sold on Steyr after I took him shooting and now he will be getting one as well soon.

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Welcome jeepgrandltd! I appreciate the kind words - if you ever find yourself in DFW, shoot me a PM and maybe we'll try to hit the range. :beer:

10. jeepgrandltd

jeepgrandltd Guest

Pleasure to hear from you Syntax :notworthy: and I appreciate the invite. Likewise if you are ever in the Vegas area and want to explore our ranges, then let me know. Although with so much to do in Vegas and so little time, it's hard to squeeze such activities in.

But soon I think there will be yet another good reason to visit Vegas for gun owners. Have you heard about the largest gun park in the country being built here?? Check out the link:

http://www.co.clark.nv.us/parks/shooting_park.htm

I can't wait!! :party: There are already alot of good ranges here, but one could always use more!! And this one is being run by the county which means it won't cost an arm and a leg just to get in. More $ for ammo!