Violent video you shouldn't watch

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Here’s a violent video of firepower the Ace of Spades linked that you really shouldn’t watch. Really. Oh well, if you must, go ahead.

Content Warning for firepower displays bordering on the sexual.

Reminds me of the night in 1969 aboard our destroyer in DaNang Harbor when everybody in Vietnam seemed to be shooting, most spectacularly the "Spooky" C-130 gunships, AKA "Puff the Magic Dragon." Our three 5"-54 naval guns were pumping out White Phosphorous "Willie Peter" rounds every 1.3 seconds and Army artillery, base small arms with tracers and all hands got in on the fun. We heard the "gooks" were trying to penetrate the wire defenses.

I was on duty in the gun director with a ringside seat for all the fireworks. Better than any Fourth of July I ever saw.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Where do I sign up to join that range?! :shock: How insanely fun would it be to get to fly around for an afternoon playing with toys like that? (provided no one was shooting back, of course :lol:)

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Awesome! Wish they had those nasty Phalanx guns back in my Navy days when I was a FTG-2 Gunfire Control Tech. We had to make do with pumping out 5"54 70 lbs. of TNT shells one at a time every 1.4 seconds, or spitting out those nasty 3"50 shells every half-second, the Vietnam version of the anti-aircraft guns of WWII.

Here's my favorite: CIWS PAC Fire Aboard USS Kitty Hawk :mrgreen:

This one's pretty awesome, too, but it needs sound: Goalkeeper CIWS Gun System
    Is that an approaching torpedo that it explodes? Hard to believe they'd fire a live torpedo at a Navy ship for a test? :shock:

4. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

I'll pass....my ammo bill is bad enough as it is without something that shoots a billion rounds a second.... :shock: