Very Disappointed :-( Need to send to factory

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by PeskyGee, Apr 2, 2006.

1. PeskyGee

PeskyGee New Member

Well, I have had my M9 now about a little over 2 mths and after hearing about the gun needing to be broke in, I figured the bugs would work out. I have tried several types of ammo and after about the first 500 or so rounds it looked like it was getting better but I was dead wrong. Now instead of the occasional stovepipe/jam, the gun is hard locking at least once out of a clip. When I say "Hard Jam" I mean that the casing is getting stuck in the barrel and I have to field strip the gun and remove the ejection spring to get the bullet out. This is happening with every type of ammo I have tried and its happening way to often. This is a brand new gun. I'm sorry to say but I am very disappointed with this gun at this time and really need to send it back to the factory to get this solved. Please tell me if below is the correct information I can use to contact the company and notify them that I am sending the gun back to have it worked on.

Steyr Arms Inc.
    5977 Steeplechase Blvd.
    Cumming, GA 30040
    (770) 888-4200

I'm very disappointed that it has come to this. I really like the gun and the sights are great . I stripped the gun several times and tried all the how-to's on cleaning every part of the gun but still its the same thing. I sure hope that they can help me out here and get this gun working properly :cry:

Thank you

2. PeskyGee

PeskyGee New Member

I have tried several dfferent kinds. CCI, Wolf, Masters, Federal, Speer, etc. I clean my guns after evey trip to the range. I don't know what else to try. I really like the gun but I have to get this looked at and get it corrected. I also get stovepipes. Seems as though it just doesn't have enough extraction power. I get the casings kicked back at my face most of the time and I know as a new gun there is a "break in period" that has been talked about but I am over 1000 rnds for sure and I am still getting the same problems and the lockups are getting worse. I had 3 today at the range with 2 different types of ammo. I'm hoping that the info I have for the company is correct. I got it off one of the posts here so I assume its correct. I will give them a call tomorrow to see what can possibly be done.

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

or... since i live on the mount, i could take a look at it if you want.

maybe i can fix it or maybe not, but i'm willing to look at it before you spend money to send it back to them.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Send it in - the turnaround for my broken M9A1 was 1.5-2wks. Alan Cornett is great and spins the guns right back out the door. Excellent customer service.

5. PeskyGee

PeskyGee New Member

This is a M9A1, I'm using 4 factory Mags with the gun. I cleaned all around the firing pin and the spring extractor and didn't notice any metal shavings or rough edges. This weekend I was using Speer and Winchester Ammo and had the same problem.
    bigtaco: thank you for the offer its greatly appriciated but due to the fact that this gun is pretty much brand new and still under warranty, I think perhaps my best bet is to have them take a look at it to see what the deal is. The money to me is not a big deal as long as I get this fixed. I'm hoping its nothing more than perhaps a spring replacment and perhaps some smoothing but I want to make sure it gets checked and fixed.
    There was a Combat Pistol Shoot this weekend and I went up with the intent on using the M9A1 in the Comp. but after shooting it before the meet and having the same problems, I went my my Glock and my Ruger. I have tried the same ammo that I am using in the M9A1 in my other 9mm and they all fire without any problem. So I think I'm going to give Alan a call today and see what can be done. I will post here as to what happens and updates. Thanks everyone for the help.

6. PeskyGee

PeskyGee New Member

Well, I talked with Alan today and he seems like a nice guy and was very helpful on the phone. He stated that he thinks that the chamber is too tight and needs to be refinished. I sent it back today via UPS and it should arrive at the company by Thursday. I'll update this post when I either hear from them or get it back.

7. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

just recieved my M40 back today.

A little under two weeks for something I said was my fault and told them the gun was out of the 1yr warranty, and they still didn't charge me. When I asked about buying some extractor assemblies to replace my S and to have a spare they couldn't give me a price, but just put them in the box for me.

GREAT SERVICE!!

8. PeskyGee

PeskyGee New Member

FlaChef, that is great to hear. I hope I get mine back that fast. I even sent my Mags in to have them checked just to make sure. I'm hoping to get them back before the next pistol shoot so that I can test it and then use it. I realy wanted to use it last weekend but with those problems I was having, I would have had a terrible shoot so...........

9. Guest

Guest Guest

It happens, things need to get fixed from time to time. I work in the cell phone business and we figure 2-3% of all the phones we sell need to get sent to repair at some point. Luckily with guns there is a lot less that can go wrong, but things can still happen.

10. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Yup, anything mass produced will have a certain percentage of factory flaws even with excellent quality control cars, computers, and even medical equipment.

11. PeskyGee

PeskyGee New Member

Yeah I know it happens. I'm just hoping that they can go over it and correct the problem and I can start using the gun working properly. As stated, I really like the gun and want to get it in working order. I hope I get it back before the next shoot's at the club that way I can use it. :) I haven't heard anything back yet about it but it hasn't been that long so we will see.

12. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Well, it sucks that you had to get a factory reject and I hope they put things right and put them right fast for ya. Keep us all up-to-date on what is going on. I hope you get things set right so you're back out shooting the Steyr at the range until your heart is content.

Good Luck

13. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

I would recomend calling. That way you get a response instead of an e-mail going to a box of someone on vacation or etc.

14. PeskyGee

PeskyGee New Member

Thanks everyone. Yea, I am going to wait a few more days and then give them a call and see what's up. I'll post here as to what happens.