USR barrel question

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by bullpuppy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. bullpuppy

bullpuppy New Member

From what I understand the USR barrel was manufactured by ADI.

DOes anyone know if it is hammer forged, if it is chrome lined, or what the twist of the rifling is?

thanks

2. UziGeo

UziGeo Guest

According to the manual that came with my USR, The chamber and bore is chrome plated. Length of barrel 508mm [20"]. Length of twist 228mm, 9" right. Now I'm wondering where the remaining 280mm of twist went? That's over 11 inches! Must be a typo. Hope this helps.

3. bullpuppy

bullpuppy New Member

Thanks, indeed it does help.

Now if I could only find a sight adjustment tool for the USR's unique two hole fixtures in the scope.

4. bpjunkie

bpjunkie New Member

the sight tool can be made by grinding a wide screwdriver blade. remove material from the center, leaving two projections that can be shaped with a hand file.

5. UziGeo

UziGeo Guest

Before I bought the last sight tool Pete had, I used a pair of Revlon tweezers that WalMart sells. Get the ones with the rounded tips. You can adjust them easily to span the holes, and they worked great! Don't use a bullet tip, as when it slips-and it will-it marks up the rubber. The sight tool was expensive, and just a tiny, thin piece of metal with two protrusions. I was afraid I'd loose it, so I attached a white wire through the hole in it to make it more visable. I hope it's still in my range bag! Try the tweezers!

6. bullpuppy

bullpuppy New Member

Wow, thanks.

I will look for some revlon tweezers with rounded tips.

7. UziGeo

UziGeo Guest

I think that it would be the easy solution. Good luck. What kind of gun are you trying to adjust?

8. bullpuppy

bullpuppy New Member

I am adjusting the integral scope on a USR. I used the stubs from two different FN FAL sight adjustment tubes to move it. Seems to have worked okay, but it is a pain because I have to exert a lot of pressure and then it may cause it to move further than I intended.