USPSA match: 2nd in L10 with M40A1

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by ThaiBoxer, Mar 30, 2009.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I shot in a wet match on Saturday, rained most of the time. 37 shooters, new range for me, nice bunch of guys. Higher level of competition than my "local" range, 4-5 GMs or Masters were there. I flubbed one stage by looking at the targets instead of the sights, my other stages I performed about commensurate with my current skill level, which seems to be B-class. Shot a classifier that was B-class hit rate, & my overall % for the match was B-class range. Took 12th of 37 overall.

Had fun despite the rain, and I do seem to be improving. I thinks it's time to video myself and see what stupid, embarrassing, time-wasting things I'm doing, so I can fix those.

Met one guy whose dad shoots a Steyr M series in Production! Fielded a few questions about my Steyr. My Steyr was flawless, as usual. The match winner is a GM in Production, and I think he always shoots Glocks. I did see 2 Glock 34-35s on my squad gagging, one of them a lot, with FTFeeds. A couple STI guns on my squad had some odd problems or 2.

Go Steyr!

http://www.teamcroc.com/Scores/Mar09.txt

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats.
    Video tape would probably be extremely helpful. Could put it on YouTube for the rest of us, since we probably do similar uneconomic things in a match.