Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered how "user friendly" the M9-A2 is as far as parts that a user can replace. I suppose I am pretty spoiled with the Glocks, because users can literally take it down to a bare frame and totally stripped slide.
So can anyone tell me how far you can go with the M9-A2? Any manuals or videos that show detailed stripping of the pistol?
Also, is Steyr USA willing to send replaceable parts to it's customers?

·
Super Moderator
327 Posts
Steyr usa has sent parts before, I called when I lost a spring and you can also get them through Steyr armorers, but it’s a call them up and order them and not a website order. That said I have not been able to get a replacement slide to test a optics cut on. Take down is pretty easy, the upper is very similar to most striker fired guns and the lower is very easy minus two areas to watch for. The slide stop and the side lock spring. Both in my experience will go flying if you aren’t careful. The rest is very easy. I would say in difficulty a little harder then a p320, which is one of the easiest in my opinion. As for a Glock comparison, I would go with slightly easier then the Glock depending on how far you take down Glock. I have a video on the take down I can post up but I would check tn steyrs YouTube, he has a bunch of great videos.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, Z. Yep, found a few videos on taking down the Steyrs. Slide looks pretty easy. Frame, a bit more difficult and I probably wouldn't strip it all the way unless something was broken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts