Used Steyr M9 pricing

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by zucrew, Sep 24, 2007.

1. zucrew

zucrew Guest

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum.

Is $275 a good deal on a used steyr M9?

It's dirty, so I can't comment much on condition, but doesn't look abused, plastic looks unmarked.

Comes with the Box and 1 10 rounder. ( I figure missing items are points for negotiations)

Thanks in advance

Yeah, I have the steyr fever I think, I was contemplating those 40S&W conversions, but missed my chance.

Regards

2. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

Provided there isn't a ton of slop in the slide, and or needs a new barrel, I'd say yes, it's worth every penny.

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Yes. can you get the opportunity to get the gunk off it?

4. rosebud

rosebud New Member

Yes.
    Offer to do a full strip and cleaning before you buy it to make sure it's all good.

5. zucrew

zucrew Guest

I'll take my CLP and a couple of paper towels with me next time I go there. :)

What exactly am I looking for?

amount of blueing left on the barrel? the uniform edges on the lockup interface between barrel and slide?

Besides looking the rails over for slop and wear, are little pieces of brass very bad?

Not knowing what a shot out barrel looks like, can you tell me (describe) a symptom?

Thanks all in advance for your assistance.

I'm thinking, if you're going to have one M9 , you might as well have one from each generation.

Regards

6. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I kinda got off on that same kinda detour.....

...and decided why stop with just one caliber?

...and so the search goes..... I have 7 of 10 at this time..... still need 3 more....

:? :?

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, bab* :shock:

U fuckin' Steyr pig!!! :twisted:

Wulf <-- tryin' ta catch up on the M357 Sig collection :shock:

8. zucrew

zucrew Guest

Since a new one is 350 +13 ship +30 ffl = 393 total,

and this used one is 275, but needs two hicap mags +60 +10 ship = 345

I figure the benefits of new are worth $40 - 60 for me, so I'll save another month for the 2nd cdnn one if I have to.

But, just to test their resolve, I'll walk in the door and offer $210 + tax (out the door)

I figure that plus what i'll spend on magazines will satisfy my self imposed financial plans, and save me a C note from new.

I don't think I'm low balling him? do you?

Thanks