Used S40 available on GB.com

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by dwillia29, May 4, 2007.

1. dwillia29

dwillia29 New Member

$350 if I recall correctly.

I know the old S40 is the holy grail for some (myself included), but living under a dictartorship of the retarded precludes me from owning one, i.e., S9 = fine & dandy. S40 = neo-nazi, cop-killer, child-molesting, assault pistol.

Just a heads-up for anyone interested.

-david

2. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

GB.com? Please tell me that is short for something, because all I am pulling up is UK.com, which is a British web portal.

3. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Doh! Gun Broker. I am very very tired.

4. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

This maybe a stupid question, but I checked out the S40 David mentions (thanks!) and the 3 10 rounders it comes with look identical to the 10 rd mags I have for my M40-A1. Do they take the same mags?!?

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I'm pretty sure they do, but only the low-cap 10 rounder fits the S "correctly" - the normal capacity M magazine will hang out from the mag well. But again, I'm not positive on this...

6. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

See, the thing is though, the 10 roundrs shown with the S40 on Gun Broker have the same inch or so high plastic spacer bottoms that make them as long as the 12 rd mags. At least that is the way it looks to me.

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I can tell you for a FACT:

[..and I just double checked :wink: ]

The 12 rd magazines are longer than the 10rd magazines and do protrude beyond the base of the grip precisely 13mm

:lol:

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

But taking a baseplate from a 12 round magazine and transplanting it to a 10 rounder will give you flush fitting S40 mags.

9. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Yes!

The M series 10-rd magazines use the same steel liner as the S series 10-rd magazines, with each having a different length baseplate.

Guess they didn't want to go to all the expense of making a new steel liner just for the S series?

Maybe we could've put another 2 rounds in 'em?

Dang!

10. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I hope they make extra base plates available because I have seven 10 rounders for my M40-A1 that could be candidates for conversion to S40 mags.

That would make me *very* happy and even more likely to buy a S40-A1.

BTW, I just got a couple of new GSI marked 12 round mags from Impact Guns. I shouldn't expect any problems, right?

11. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Actually, now that I think about it, if the S40 comes (new) with two 10rd mags, forget converting the extended M40 10 rounders, I would just carry one or two extra 12 rounders! Who cares if they stick out the bottom a few millimeters. Same for training, it does't matter.

12. dwillia29

dwillia29 New Member

When not training, and carrying concealed, I'd be wary of adding unnecessary length to the grip of any handgun.

Besides CDNN is selling std., flush-fitting S40 magazines for $20/per.

David

13. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i go with a ten rounder in the gun and a 12 for the spare.

14. loneeagle308

loneeagle308 Guest

You only need one S40 mag which comes with the S40. Who's going to care what that bulge is in your pants pocket from an extended mag.

15. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

David, I think you misunderstood me. I was refering to the practice that Big Taco follows. Carry the S40 with a flush mag but have an extended mag as back up. I was also saying that for training, it doesn't matter if most of the M mags I would use stick out of the bottom a bit.

16. dwillia29

dwillia29 New Member

You're right, I misunderstood. Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

So... Don't keep us in suspense :wink: , did you buy/win the S40?

David

17. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Nope, I didn't bid on that S40. I am waiting for the new S40-A(?).

18. dwillia29

dwillia29 New Member

Take your place in line. :wink: