USA AUGs

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by ministerofdeath, Oct 29, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Guest

I've been looking at buying an AR-type rifle lately, but if the prices of these new AUG clones are reasonable (and their quality satisfactory - recall the problems Australia has had with some of their home-grown AUG's) I'd certainly be interested. But, while I'd unhesitatingly buy a genuine Steyr AUG (finances permitting) I'm not about to be the first in line to buy someone's clone.

I sure hope this project works out, though. With anything and everything being AR-15 oriented nowadays, the "Black Rifle" world could use a good shakeup right now.

2. STG77

STG77 Guest

I am definitely going to buy one of Kent's barrels and compliance parts sets for my USR.

I'm haven't decided if I want to get on the preorder list for PJ's AUG yet.

3. Germanic

Germanic Guest

Sounds interesting, BUT...

I'd be happy to see a domestic AUG made available for U.S. consumers. However, I was a little disappointed to learn that PJs will no longer be selling the Austrian AUGs (new/used) nor will they be dealing with any original parts and accys. As an owner of a couple genuine AUGs, I sort of hate to see the availability of spare parts go away. PJs was probably the best source we had. Now according to their website, they will no longer be available.

Regarding the US AUG, I wish them the best of luck. They aren't the easiest weapons in the world to manufacture. Hopefully they will get everything ironed out and have a first class product to offer us. Right now, as I'm set with my AUGs, I'd probably wait until it's offered in 6.8 as I'm pretty well covered in the 5.56 spectrum. I'd feel the same even if Steyr were behind the domestic AUG project.

4. Greetings Steyr Fans,

An update to this post can now be made since SHOT 2007 started this weekend.

Microtech Knives has partnered with PJ Investments to create a new firearms company known as M.S.A.R. to produce a rifle based on the Steyr AUG design that M.S.A.R. calls the STG 556.

This rifle was not produced by Steyr Mannlicher and is in no way connected to that company.

It has a few notable exterior changes to the Steyr AUG such as a Forward Assist botton on the left hand side of the stock and a different bolt release botton also located on the left hand side of the stock. In addition, this rifle has a flutted barrel in what is apparently an attempt to reduce weight.

So far only one of the rifles has been photographed and it did have what looked like a clone of the Steyr Sight on it.

There is currently no internet website for this company and at this point only rumor about the price being below $2,000.00 and its release date to be by the end of next month.

5. IRONCROSS

IRONCROSS Guest

I am not thrilled by this. This new adventure only cheapens the AUG and causes chaos and confusion amongst true collectors. I for one hope it backfires and people realize that the true AUG is Austrian and anything else is a just a second hand clone and a fake.

6. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

:roll:

Austrian built Aug will never get imported try a dose of reality.
    they are not calling this an Aug but STG556

pjs has a site http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/

check out the site they sound very interested in listening and responding with a product. if steyr would have responded more with products and setup US shop for US manufactured parts this wouldnt have been necessary. hell us pistol fans might have a L version with 45acp, 357sig S series model and 22lr version or conversion.

7. STG77

STG77 Guest

WTF?

I just don't know how to respond to this post at all. Let me guess, you don't want the 1986 MG ban repealed either because it would ruin "collector value" of MGs.

8. MikeDuke

MikeDuke Guest

Fantastic

This is great news.
    I have 2 Augs I shoot the hell out of.
    1 in .223 and 1 in 9mm.
    I have a registered Flemming sear I switch between the 2.
    I HAMMER my AUGs.
    I beat the living hell out of my guns, and love them.
    New, US parts, Thats the best thing I have heard in years.
    US clones will not effect the price of an Austrian gun.
    If a guy wants to buy an Aug, he pays for an AUG.
    I will be buying both clones.
    I will absolutely beat the crap out of them.
    If they break? Who cares. now we have spare parts.
    I'm gonna be the first guy I know with a 6.8mm FullAuto.
    And I'm going to run the crap out of that too.
    Good times in the firearms industry my friends, good times.
    Get it while you can.

9. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *Duke :p

Yeah, Baby :!: :p Now that's what I'm talkin' bout :!: =D> ...That's the ticket :!: =D> Go, Man, go :!: =D> You rock, Dude! 8)

Wulf <-- Appreciates THOR-like beings :!: \:D/

10. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

11. IRONCROSS

IRONCROSS Guest

Its not often a reproduction is better than the original. These are not toasters we are talking about, the AUG is a complicated piece of machinery and just because you collect something and are into it for years doesn't make you a Engineer and not just any engineer can recreate what Styer's Gifted Engineers did back when they designed the AUG.

This site and all of us AUG fans are Fans because of the Austrian AUG's greatness- We all agree it is a Great rilfe- maybe the best- ahead of its time- superior etc etc... But yet, a couple of guys who collect and sell AUG's for the last 20 or so years are going to show Steyr-Mannlicher how its done? Hmm.. ok - Steyr-Mannlicher has been around for what 150+/- years?

If this is what your into that is fine, I am not trying to tell anyone what to do- this is just my opinion and I feel strongly about it..

And STG77-I think I have a right to an opinion even if you don't agree with it. To answer your Sarcasm... I think all ignorant and unconstitutional laws should be repealed - And MrApathy- I know they are not going to import them again. I know they are not calling it a AUG, but thats what they want it to be..- call it what you want. Its still a clone.

12. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

LMFAO

Clone me American made, Baby :p

Wulf <-- Thinks guns are to shoot the piss out of :twisted:

13. IRONCROSS

IRONCROSS Guest

You just can't have a dissenting opinion here with some of you folks.
    Im just not jumping for this- I am being synical for what we have seen in the past with other cloned guns- they all claim to be great but some or most are not.

ministerof death- is this not a forum? a discussion board?
    I said in my post my statements were a opinion-- do you need to reiterate that?

Whats your Informed Opinion on Pete and Microtech? Talk-- get the dust off this forum-- seems to me like most post here are weeks apart and I don't come here often because it is slowwwwww.

Im not trying to be hostile...Im trying to have a informed debate/discussion and get things heated up and stay that way...is that so bad...

I look forward to the reviews of the STG--hope it works out...for everyones sake...in truth that would be great- I just have my doubts...Thats the stuff of a good debate.. or discussion-- not everyone agreeing on everything.

IMHO.