Upgrading my personal-defense hardware

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Netfotoj, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

The cobbler's children go barefoot, as the old saying goes. And last on my list of web design work in my so-called spare time from my day job is to update my own website.

I finally got around to updating my site with a report on how I came to be the proud owner of two Steyr MA1 pistols, one in 357 Sig and one in .40 S&W, a journey that goes back to August 2006 and looks forward to perhaps the soon introduction of a new Steyr pistol design in .45 ACP and 10mm. Bring 'em on! :twisted:

You, my fellow Steyroids, had a huge role in helping me become a proud Steyr pistol owner, so thanks to all of you.

Go take a look when you have time.

http://www.johnmyers.com/column96.html

2. Nice firearms selection you've got there.

I like your choice in calibers as well with the .357 SIG, .40 S&W, and 10 MM...God, I wish Steyr would come out with a 10MM.

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Nice bevy of hardware.
    How do you like the Steyrs compared to your other pistols?

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Steyr rules!

I have finally demoted my 1076 from "sock drawer" king and promoted my M357-A1 and am working on a trade for a G29 10mm for the 1076.

I thought the M40-A1 might push the M357-A1 off the top of the heap (or at least I hoped it would since .40 S&W ammo is so much cheaper) but alas, the 357 is still king and will undoubtedly remain so.

I'm thinking about trying to find a subcompact 357 to trade the M40-A1 for, but those are fairly rare critters. The G33 and genuine Sig Sauers (big bucks) are the only ones I know about. Where's all the subcompact 357s? (Anybody got an SA1 they want to swap?)

When Steyr releases the S357-A1 it should be a good seller. I certainly want one. :mrgreen:

5. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Netfotoj, I don't know if you care about us Mac users, the but minority report on your web site is that the right margin is drifting past where you probably want it.

BTW, its always nice to see a collection of assorted guns!

6. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

I'm seeing the same in Firefox.

Nice collection. I looked at a similar S&W 10mm before getting my Steyr. Sure would like to have a M10-A1! :twisted:

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Posterboy and Matt, thanks for the heads-up about Macs. I do care as I am a Mac user also.

However, since I left dail-up and went to a fast connection I haven't been able to get my old OS 8.5 Mac connected to the Internet so I've stopped viewing my site and others I build on my Mac. It's a 1996 Mac, one of those rare Umax clones, so upgrading its OS is not an option as 8.5 is as high as it will go.

My old Mac is sitting right beside my XP PC, but without an Internet connection it's not getting much use.

Gotta figure out how to make OS 8.5 talk to my DSL modem. :roll:

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"Steyr rules!

I have finally demoted my 1076 from "sock drawer" king and promoted my M357-A1 ..."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Same with me and my M9 knocking off my G17L and G19 for CCW