unjacketed round nose lead ammo ok?

Discussion in 'Caracal C and F Series' started by Walk Soft, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Walk Soft

Walk Soft New Member

new Caracal 006.jpg Hello all.Last week I bought a Caracal C and really like it.I am a dyed in the wool Kool Aid drinker so it's a change for me.Actually for the last couple months,I have been trying to decide between a Glock Gen 4 G19,FNS-9 and a Walther PPQ.I have fondled and fired them all.However last week I fondled and dry fired a Caracal C(range didn't have them for rent) and bought it.I put 200 pleasing rounds through it and really like it.I also acquired a couple extra used mags and a used Blade tech holster from a local competition shooter.

Well a couple years ago I accidentally bought a case(yes, a case) of Ultramax 125 gr. round nose lead ammo.You can't shoot unjacketed lead through Glocks so it's been sitting in the back of the pile since then. So just now I'm loading up my rangebag and seen it and realized I have a whole case of ammo I could possibly shoot through my new Caracal.

So, is it okay to shoot unjacketed lead rounds through the Caracal? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Talyn

Talyn New Member

I wasn't aware you were not supposed to in a glock.
    I've seen lots of guys shoot hand made bullet reloads though glocks on youtubes.

I'm interested to know the answer to this as well.

3. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

because of the polygonal rifling in a Glock, its recommended not to shoot lead through them.... but it's perfectly fine on a steyr. have it bro...

4. Walk Soft

Walk Soft New Member

Just to be sure.Do Caracal's have the same rifling as the Steyr?

5. Walk Soft

Walk Soft New Member

The guys on Youtube had aftermarket barrels then.

6. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

yes the caracals have a traditional rifling in them, and not the polygonal stuff glock does... it mean a glock would still eat the ammo, but its going to get pretty fouled up after a steady diet of it.

7. Walk Soft

Walk Soft New Member

Hey thanks.I just got back from the range.I put 300 rounds of round nose lead ammo through my C.No issues accept that I was making a ton of smoke.Some of the other range patrons seemed ticked about it lol.That makes 550 round total through her.I'm gonna put about a hundred rounds of hollow points through it and if all goes well the Caracal C will be my new EDC.

8. Talyn

Talyn New Member

They probably dont know any better.

9. Vox Suarez Esguerra

Vox Suarez Esguerra New Member

450rds reload ammo bayou bullets my caracal c qs loves it....

10. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

Of the Caracals I have the C-QS is my favorite. It will run with anything I put in it, carrys good, and I seem to shoot it better than the F.