Underworld

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Sound25, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Sound25

Sound25 New Member

I was watching Underworld (2003) on tv last night, and about half way through the movie, when Kate Beckinsale takes Scott Speedman to an apartment, there is a scene where they show several asault weapons, one of which I believe to be a Steyr AUG. Does anyone have this movie to confirm?

2. FightDesigner

FightDesigner New Member

Yeah, and there's some Steyr TMPs in the opening train shootout as well. :)

Heck, someone wants to rig up a restrictor barrel for me, I'll quite happily put an M40 in the next movie I'm working on...

3. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Wish I could do that...I'd pay some good money to see a Steyr pistol used even by a bad guy in a movie.

As for Underworld I think there is more than just a single AUG in that room isn't there? Could be wrong, but I remember a whole rack of AUGS.

4. FightDesigner

FightDesigner New Member

The next project I've got coming up this Summer is a sorta X-Files meets Cthulu thing, and I'd love to be able to give an agent an M-9 or M-40 or something... put a thread in a couple gunsmithing sections of various forums, but no dice yet.

Might stick an AUG in there too if I can. I don't have any that can fire, but it's easy enough to pick up airsoft versions, and I've got a soft rubber 'stunt' AUG I picked up on ebay.

5. Sound25

Sound25 New Member

You could be right, I was half-asleep, and wasn't sure if I saw it or not, that is why I posted this. I don't own the movie. Wish I did, gotta love Kate Beckinsale in leather with guns.....

FlightDesigner, why don't you order a barrel from IGB, and then fill it with lead?

6. FightDesigner

FightDesigner New Member

um, because I don't want all that lead getting shot out the barrel by the expanding gas from a blank and making a hole in an actor... in other words, because I don't know well enough what I'm doing, and don't want to be responsible for someone's death. Thus the call for qualified gunsmiths who might be willing to work for cheap. :wink:

7. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

what no brandon lee like deaths on your hands?....why not?....just kidding (and it was a bad joke really, that was a tragedy.)

the cthulu mention got my attention...any more info available on that movie?...

what other films have you worked on?...might we know any of them?

8. Sound25

Sound25 New Member

Flight, I understand your concerns, wish that I knew someone for ya. I wish you go luck on this, cause I would love to see Steyrs become more well known.

9. FightDesigner

FightDesigner New Member

I don't think you'd know anything I've worked on... yet. Hopefully that'll change in the next year or two. Biggest thing coming down the pipe right now is "Bullets, Blood, & A Fistfull of Ca$h"- I describe it as being like a Tarantino flick starring Bruce Campbell. Should be getting at least a limited theatrical release later this year, but last I heard it was still in negotiations. Unknown director trying to do the El Mariachi thing of making a name for himself with a low budget Indie action flick, but I think Bullets is better than El Mariachi. Not as polished as, say Desperado, but well written, and cheesy fun. You can see a trailer at http://www.akinafilms.com/TRAILER.mov

Got to see it twice in theatres, but just at the Cast & Crew premiere and then a friends & family overflow screening later. Been getting some good press locally.

Next thing to come out after that will be The Gamers: Dorkness Rising... a D&D Fantasy/Satire piece where I did all the fight choreography and again, supplied the weapons. It'll be big in the niche market of roleplaying circles I think- the first short film they did ("The Gamers") is a cult hit, and is, from a production viewpoint, a P.O.S... but it knows its audience, and writes well to it. The feature length follow-up I worked on will be muuuuch better quality. I just hope that being more professional doesn't somehow make it lose some of its underdog charm. Haven't seen a finished edit yet- it's still in post-production.

Otherwise I've worked on a bunch of shorts that never went anywhere, a feature that never went anywhere (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465659/), and a fair bit of live theatre stuff here in Seattle.

Upcoming project is still in the early pre-production phase, so while I've been in discussion with the director and stunt coordinator for a couple months now (we are distant friends, and worked together on Bullets), I haven't seen a script yet, and I'm not even positive exactly what my responsibilities will be. First stunt meeting is in a couple weeks.

Here's the call that went out a month or so ago:

Arcane Films LLC, is looking for Stunt Performers of all sizes and Gender.

Please have your stunt reel or portfolio ready for the stunt performer meeting to be held later this month.

The film is Part I of III and is named:
    7 Jewels

Volume I - The Brother's.

The series is heavily influenced by H.P. Lovecraft mixed with elements of shadow organizations from the X-Files. We will be hitting the festival market hard as well as the Lovecraft film festival this October. We will be filming on 16mm film so pre-hearsals are a priority so we don't waste film on bad stunts.

Filming starts this June 2006, which leaves us 5 + months of preproduction for try-outs and rehearsing. ONLY those who have Wednesday nights free from 9-11pm need apply these are our official work-out and rehearsal nights for stunt performers only. Which will be held at an Olympic gymnastic gym in factoria mall. Carpooling is an option.

I am producing and Directing the Film, My team and I are USA certified (United Stuntmans Asociation) and I am an accomplished stunt coordinator, pyrotechnician, fight choreographer, and stunt rigger.

So if there is anything in this list that you want to try out for please email me back.

We are also looking for Stunt Apprentices so if you want to see how its done this might be the opertunity you are looking for. A big need is for Equipment wranglers aka Stunt safeties this will get you in to see how stunts are performed "Safely". We all want to perform a stunt and live to see the next day, so "Hazard Factory Stunt and Effects Team LLC" is all about making sure you and everyone on set has a clear understanding of the stunt or stunts before we proceed.

Since we are USA certified we give first pick to those who are USA certified as well.

You must be able to work as a "TEAM" our stunt team is big on family, and little on the individual, so if you want to be apart of the "TEAM" make sure you are not bringing "EGO" to the table.

Thank you

Drago

10. FightDesigner

FightDesigner New Member

...should qualify my last post, since I seem to have confused someone: Isn't really starring Bruce Campbell or directed by Tarantino, just a good way to describe the genre. Actually starring Tom Doty, directed by Sam Akina.