un-clearable jam

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by rosebud, Dec 30, 2007.

1. rosebud

rosebud New Member

M9-A1 with the new parts from SAI, I have over 1000 rounds through it. Today at the range, after about 100 rounds, I got this:

bang, bang, bang, click

I cannot push or pull the slide, nor take it down.

The empty shell ejected properly and the trigger was reset. The next round was fed into the chamber, but is out of battery by 1/4 inch or less. The striker did not hit the primer, but it looks like it would have hit the edge of the round.

From the top, I can see the Loaded Chamber Indicator pin, and the round is below it rather than pushing it back like it would if in battery. The LCI at the back of the slide is not protruding.

That's just about all that I can see. I used a mirror to verify that the round is indeed a live one.

Is it gunsmith time, or is there some other safe way to try and work this out?

2. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

3. rosebud

rosebud New Member

winchester white box
    CT510D
    E125654

4. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Odd, at least one of the other guys jammed with Rem UMC. :think:
    Was hoping there would be a trend with a certain brand.

Posted an answer how to eliminate any problems with the Loaded Chamber Indicator in the other thread.

I don't miss the LCI as you can see a case in the chamber just fine through the notch in the hood anyway.