Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Amy was EXTREMELY helpful but I ended up speaking with a different sales person at Blade-Tech. After she (not Amy) spent a day looking into a holster combo for me for conceal carry she called me back and told me I could get a Level 2 Tactical for my C9-A1 with Viridian C5L.

I ordered it with a SRB and paddle so I could try both. I placed the order back in late February only to get a call 1 week ago that they were mistaken and they do NOT make it in that combo. The only combo they make is a duty holster which is obviously not going to be ideal for conceal carry with a light jacket. Ryan the manager was VERY nice and apologetic. I still believe they are a top notch company but not only did I have to follow up to find out where my order was after being very late but I also found out it wasn't possible. This completely sucks.

So, I guess a Remora is my only option? I believe someone here recommended the Remora 6A-ART-SS for my combo?

ANY OTHER THOUGHTS? I'm not opposed to an IWB.

:wall:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got the same call, and I told them what I was told here: The S A1 series is supposed to fit the C A1 series. They said they could do it. You and I are being told two different things. I even called them back verifying the information I read here.

Can Amy ring in on this in this thread? Because I have been waiting now over my 5 weeks also, and was told it would be shipped the week of the MAY the 7th. (After ordering the 13th of last month.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the same call, and I told them what I was told here: The S A1 series is supposed to fit the C A1 series. They said they could do it. You and I are being told two different things. I even called them back verifying the information I read here.

Can Amy ring in on this in this thread? Because I have been waiting now over my 5 weeks also, and was told it would be shipped the week of the MAY the 7th. (After ordering the 13th of last month.)
Ryan (I think that was his name) assured me they couldn't. This is SO confusing!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I spoke with Viridian today via the web. The carry support for a Glock Tac-Loc (OWB) (the kind where you pull it and the laser turns on automatically) and an IWB for Glock. From them directly, they think it will work for a Steyr. "It may not fit exactly, but it may work well enough."-sort of statement.

I still prefer to wait it out for Amy to hopefully clear up the questions we seem to have. (And I am sure this is a headache for her too!) If they can't, I will have to ask for a refund (obviously) and then go straight to Viridian and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm going to just make a holster for my C9-A1 when it comes in from Kydex.

If I knew exactly what you were looking for material and holster wise (like a picture,) It could be possible for me to make what your looking for seeing as I'll have something to test fit it.

Not trying to take business from them, but I don't see why they just wont make it anyways. They seem like a custom fit style of shop.

I had to look up the other part you were talking about though, I don't have one of those, I'd have to borrow one to make a fit.

From what I read on the C9-A1, there are only a few laser combo's for it due to the short rail.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Talyn I'd be very interested because I too have a C9-A1 . The one I got from a gunshow was a rush job and I'm not satisfied w/it . I don't use a laser/light on my carry gun. I'd be interested in a holster and mag pouch if you're up to it . PM me if you are. BTW did you get your C9-A1 through X as suggested ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
they fit exactly....exact same dimensions except for the length of the grip...
why not just get a holster made for an M-A1 ? it will just be 1/2" long....
Not sure I understand. When I posted my inquiry,(In my thread) I was told to order the S-A1 series holster from BladeTech because it will fit the C-A1. (With the Viridian C5L) And that is what I did. Now, well over a month later they are saying they don't make them? I would order pretty much ANY holster as long as it can support my C5L. (Yes, it is pretty much mandatory to have the laser) While I prefer IWB, I will take OWB if needed. I don't get why with multiple orders it has taken this long to say "We don't make it." When people on this board are saying "Yes they do."

I haven't been in the gun culture in many, many years. I don't know the nuances of the other Steyr firearms to know (After all, you good folks told me the S-A1 fits the C-A1) other holsters would fit, which is why I asked help finding one. I enjoy a certain amount of learning curve, but I can see the frustration after all this time getting different answers. I guess I will have to call tomorrow and find out what is going on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hell now i'm confused, i know for a fact blade tech makes custom Steyr holsters with light combos:
http://www.mwmtactical.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/madecov/ARMS/DSC_1632.jpg
I just sent an Email to Autumn (I feel bad, I think the poor woman is about to be inundated with upset folks) asking her to verify the status of my order. I did cut and paste the info about the M-A1 also, and gave the back story to the call I got while I was out of town that the S-A1 fits the C9-A1. (You spin me right round baby right round....)

Hopefully I will get an email back in the A.M. and I can help smooth things here with fresh info.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Talyn I'd be very interested because I too have a C9-A1 . The one I got from a gunshow was a rush job and I'm not satisfied w/it . I don't use a laser/light on my carry gun. I'd be interested in a holster and mag pouch if you're up to it . PM me if you are. BTW did you get your C9-A1 through X as suggested ?
I don't have it yet. It will be about 2 weeks.

I just cannot guarantee greatest quality on something I'm not familiar with.
So it would pretty much be cost of parts and shipping for anything I make.

but as stated, the s1 holsters will fit.
Quality wise and time wise that will be the best way to go.

At this point in time, I couldn't guess a time frame I could help somebody on something like this.

I just wanted to make it known I would help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This just in from my Email: My holster has shipped, and is expected the 2nd, according to the tracking number. According to Amy (Thank you for taking the time, Amy) Yes, they do indeed make a holster that does fit the Viridian C5L. (As attested to by the shipping of my holster.

I hope this calms the question of "Do they or don't they?" I will of course post pics once I get the ensemble all together. I just got my C5L, and learning to mount and program. Now just need to get my sights changed to the original Trapezoid. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey all,

First very sorry for not jumping on this sooner and I am very glad that your holster is on its way to you Dax. :thumbsup:

To clear up some confusion, we do not actually make the S/C series holsters with Viridian C5L. We can make holsters for both, just not that specific combination. Since there were members who called in and were told we could do it we wanted to make sure to stand behind what we said.

If anyone else wants this same combination, (or any other combinations that you were told we do not currently do holsters for) send me a message either by PM or my email: [email protected], so I can get these turned in. We track what comes in and once we get enough requests for a certain combination (about 50 requests) we will tool up for it and add it to the line.

Please hit me up if there are any questions about this. I will check back in on it over the weekend.

Very sorry for all of the confusion. Please do not hesitate to get in contact with me if I can ever help with anything. I do my best to get back to people quickly. :D

Thank you all to your continued support of Blade-Tech, we really appreciate it.

Best,
AB

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey all,

First very sorry for not jumping on this sooner and I am very glad that your holster is on its way to you Dax. :thumbsup:

To clear up some confusion, we do not actually make the S/C series holsters with Viridian C5L. We can make holsters for both, just not that specific combination. Since there were members who called in and were told we could do it we wanted to make sure to stand behind what we said.
So...(Those of us that ordered) are the guinea pigs for this set up? Do we get bragging rights for being the firsts? :-D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey all,

If anyone else wants this same combination, (or any other combinations that you were told we do not currently do holsters for) send me a message either by PM or my email: [email protected], so I can get these turned in. We track what comes in and once we get enough requests for a certain combination (about 50 requests) we will tool up for it and add it to the line.

Please hit me up if there are any questions about this. I will check back in on it over the weekend.

Very sorry for all of the confusion. Please do not hesitate to get in contact with me if I can ever help with anything. I do my best to get back to people quickly. :D

Thank you all to your continued support of Blade-Tech, we really appreciate it.

Best,
AB
Amy,

When you called me the other day I had no expectations that this was going to get remedied. I am thrilled and shocked that you intervened to make this happen for us all in the name of integrity. Integrity is the foundation of my life and we live in a day an age where "your word" carries little weight and importance and I feel the fabric of country is being ripped at the seems because of it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for caring and being so committed to customer satisfaction!!! That speaks volumes for you and the owners.

With great appreciation,

Patrick

1 - 20 of 25 Posts