Steyr Club Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
...wonder how much them God Blessed ACOG's will fetch, once they're decommissioned...
I specifically went looking for one last week after seeing the article (knowing they were expensive) but nearly choked on my tie when my inhalation sucked it off my shirt when I saw that they started at $1k and climbed from there. I'd love to have one with the code on it but that's too rich for my blood. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any personal views aside... the Constitution, judicial precedent, and framer's intent is very clear: The Federal government cannot recognize or endorse (in any capacity, regardless how trivial or small) any religion. The Federal government purchasing scopes with bible verses (even if encoded) and distributing them to the military does constitute a violation of the first amendment. None of the arguments in favor of the scopes are legally defensible. As a private company Trijicon can keep their contract by selling scopes to the military that comply with Constitutional standards.

As a Constitutionalist and "traditional conservative", I think it's extremely important to preserve all measures equally. We can't justifiably advocate second amendment rights then be dismissive when the government violates one of the first amendment principles. Gun control advocates could equally say we're "whining", "how many people really care?", etc. about not being able to buy particular rounds or magazines.

However, the government also cannot infringe upon the religious beliefs of its citizens (though this right has been reduced a bit, governments can restrict religious freedoms as long as they have a "reasonable" purpose for doing so). I think the brave soldiers of our military should be able to request the religious based scopes if they desire.

On the flip side, I think soldiers should be allowed to dip their bullets in pork or pour pig blood onto fallen jihadist soldiers... They're not US citizens entitled to our rights... and they're using their religion against us, we should be able to turn it around and use their religion against them. People dewy eyed with martyrdom are happy to take risks and die for the cause... If we put the fear of death back in them that may change!

·
Registered
289 Posts
This is soooo easy to fix. Trijicon should demand payment for all of those optics on bills with no religious references. Does, "In god we trust" sound familiar?

Now, on to the tough subject........ xthexheadx, you don't drink?:willynilly:

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
The military best be purchasing the best they can, and let the individuals who are offended remove the marks.

I'm curious, aren't we supposed to be offended when the rads come screaming Alla verses, or is this a one-sided PC movement as usual. I've got no dog in this hunt, it just seems to be a little trumped up. Kind of like "Global Warming," but that's another story /digression>

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
...the Constitution, judicial precedent, and framer's intent is very clear: The Federal government cannot recognize or endorse (in any capacity, regardless how trivial or small) any religion. The Federal government purchasing scopes with bible verses (even if encoded) and distributing them to the military does constitute a violation of the first amendment...
I don't see how these serial numbers can possibly be construed as "endorsing a religion." If you do, you must be terribly upset when you walk through Arlington National Cemetery. As far as the eye can see are row upon row of "governmentally-endorsed signs of religions." Heck, the government bought, erected, and maintain tens of thousands of crosses and stars of David. How dare they so endorse a religion!?

We have come so very, very far from where our founding fathers were (who, btw, opened every political meeting they held with public prayer which was not held to Buddha, Allah, or Mother Earth but rather to the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible). Even Jefferson, who was barely a Deist, let alone a Christian, wasn't "offended" by it.

We've become so weak and so afraid of offending anyone, that the only thing we stand for is not standing for anything. Our founding fathers would not congratulate us on our "separation of Church and state" or our attempts at removing any and all signs of God from our political lives.

They would be appalled.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Now, on to the tough subject........ xthexheadx, you don't drink?:willynilly:
sorry to dissapoint you my good man. i've never tasted alcohol, never tried smoking, never done any illegal drugs, or abused a prescription. from age 17 - 23 i dont drink soda....hell i use Crest Pro rinse mouth wash ( alcohol free :rofl: )

just not something i'm into. i hang from hooks......that's my thing. ( HA! anyone offended now ? j/k )

now back on topic, if i may... refering to "in god we trust".....

from a very NON god point of view, i an not offended, or bothered by what would seem to be a perfect example of the NON separation of church and state in those 4 words on all my United States currency. and really, thats because i know who my founding fathers were, and what they stood for.

this country was founded on the ideas that a man should be free to worship his god, do as he pleases and pursue happiness.... the first part of my statement is the most important there. this country was founded by christians seeking a better life, free of persecution at the hands of others dealing with religous intolerance. and that hasnt changed. my founding fathers based this country, and wrote their declarations, documents and laws based on god. and christians faiths are still the VAST majority in the country.

in no way has anyone told me i HAD to be christian, or that i must reccognise jesus, or so on.... they simply put "in god we trust" and " one nation under god". while i may not agree with those statements, they dont hurt me in anyway.... so why be a puss about it and go whining to the ACLU or the supreme court over it. if i did i would be infringing the rights of christians everywhere. people just want something to bitch about these days. and to anyone who has a problem with " in god we trust" or "one nation under god" simple solution..... YOU CAN MOVE YOUR ASS TO MEXICO:willynilly:

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Attaboy, Bro! :thumbsup:

...refering to "in god we trust"....in no way has anyone told me i HAD to be christian, or that i must reccognise jesus, or so on.... they simply put "in god we trust" and " one nation under god"...while i may not agree with those statements, they dont hurt me in anyway....
Wulf <-- kinda wonderin' bout the "hooks" tho ;)

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I don't see how these serial numbers can possibly be construed as "endorsing a religion." If you do, you must be terribly upset when you walk through Arlington National Cemetery. As far as the eye can see are row upon row of "governmentally-endorsed signs of religions." Heck, the government bought, erected, and maintain tens of thousands of crosses and stars of David. How dare they so endorse a religion!?

We have come so very, very far from where our founding fathers were (who, btw, opened every political meeting they held with public prayer which was not held to Buddha, Allah, or Mother Earth but rather to the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible). Even Jefferson, who was barely a Deist, let alone a Christian, wasn't "offended" by it.

We've become so weak and so afraid of offending anyone, that the only thing we stand for is not standing for anything. Our founding fathers would not congratulate us on our "separation of Church and state" or our attempts at removing any and all signs of God from our political lives.

They would be appalled.

AMEN Brother!!! :salute:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts