Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has done the trigger cleanup tutorial or any of the others, and if so what result did you get? Was your gun better and still reliable??

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Short answer - waaaaayyyyy better!

It improves the reset reliability (provided you reassemble the weapon correctly - the springs d*mmit, the springs), and when the polishing of the striker is done, the trigger pull is markedly better. With the BT Delrin cups, only a new model with the roll pin up comes close, and it improves with the BT cups too.

Back in the day - 4 years ago - CDNN was selling the M-A1s for the blowout price of $339. The guns were made at the latest in 2005, and many were older than that. Since the US distributor had blown them out, and put them together in, what seems to me, to have been very sloppy fashion, the guns were problem children for those of us who'd purchased them.

At first there were the text and photos tutorials from earlier SteyrClub members. When BT did his trigger reset fixes, and how it works tutorials, things got better fast. The whole Club has him as a beacon of sanity when a lot of us were really having trouble. The whole "shoulders of giants" thing is really true here.

Today you can buy and out-of-the-box Steyr with excellent trigger because some of the SteyrClub members made it possible for the rest of us to rave about our weapons. The new imports wouldn't have happened without the loyal following within the SteyrClub which drove demand. No matter how cool a gun is, people other than collectors won't have anything to do with it if it's not reliable - thanks to BT for making that true for a lot of us.

Reactions: xthexheadx

·
Registered
23 Posts
The tutorial's are very helpful. Easy to follow as well.

I have an original M40. Did the trigger system polish, the pull seems to be a little lighter, but the gun still tend to jump alittle when the sear disengage (this doesn't happen with my Glock).

Also did the extractor polish, the feeding seems to be a little smoother. This gun didn't have extraction problem, I did the polish anyway just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts