Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've basically only shot Tulammo out of my S9-A1 (around 200 rounds) since it's only $10 a box (of 50) at Walmart. It seems like a couple always fail to fire (like 4 or so out of a 100 rounds) but will fire on the 2nd go-around. I was wondering if the striker is not striking hard enough or if this can be blamed on cheap Russian ammo?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello from alabama there is a thread on here about the pencil test it's says unload pisrol first and check and recheck then put a pencil eraser first turn pistols tight up and pull the trigger should push pencil pot the barrel if don't then the striker is weak. You should be able to find this thread it may help you.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I shot a 100 rds of Tulammo a few weeks back and my G17 would not fire 6 or 7 rounds of out a box.Ended up putting those in my M9-A1 and they functioned fine.My G17 also has a competition spring kit in it and the problem ended up being the lighter weight striker spring.Tulammo is kinda of hit or miss and I have shot thousands of rounds of the stuff.My bet would be the ammo and not the gun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have had a few people tell me to stay away from Tulammo. They has several boxes in different calibers and had ftf's in all.
I havent tried any because even the places where I shoot wont allow it on the range.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think a lot has to do with the gun. My Ruger SR40C. Will eat Tul Ammo and spit it out with no problems. Same with Winchester WB. I hear even WWB gives certain guns the fits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts