Tuckable for Colt 1991

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by SELFDEFENSE, Jun 30, 2007.

1. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Just ordered a High Noon Split Decision tuckable for my Colt 1991-A1. $35 + S&H Should be here next week.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Let us know how it works for ya...

3. SELFDEFENSE

Will do.
    Its non-canted sibling has worked surprisingly well for my M9. I only bought it to experiment with the tuckable feature and figured I would move up in cost/quality if I liked the tuckable aspect. I liked the tuckable feature but have continued to use the High Noon holster.
    The only question with the Colt holster will be the extra weight and whether that will show some weakness in the basic design or the manufacture.

4. SELFDEFENSE

Got it yesterday (Thursday). It needs to be cinched a little tighter than the M9 because of the weight of the Colt with an 8+1 ammo load. The stitching on the inside of the holster is grabbing the 1991 more on reholstering than my M9's holster, probably because the M9 is more beveled on the muzzle end than the 1991.
    Will give it a workout this weekend.
    I think in the future, all my holsters are going to be tuckables. I was looking at the Milt Sparks Versa Max and a few others, but I don't like the multiple belt anchoring points because they make it more obvious that something is going on inside your pants. If I feel the need, I can cover the single belt clip of the High Noons with my strong side arm and no one's the wiser.

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I totally agree with you on the clip thing - that is one of the reasons why I prefer the UCH to the C-TAC. I just can't like leather tuckables - they always seem to slop around all over the place. I prefer the "it ain't going no where" feel of kydex... Milt Sparks makes some of the best stuff money can buy - I imagine that would be your best bet to get a 1911 to stay hidden and stay put.

You definitely notice the 1911 more than the Steyr when you're carrying - even with my Rafter S 1.5" belt cinched tight, my pants still seem to slip down a bit after wearing my Sig GSR for awhile.

Be sure to give us an update after you've had a chance to put the rig through its paces - it's always hard to judge a holster without having a week or few to test drive a new rig.

6. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I like the mult-point mount because such a holster doesn't wiggle around, and with J-hooks the waist band won't sag the way a single J-hook will.

Just ordered a CTAC with Velcro clips for my Kahr. I haven't been able to make tuckable work with large pistols, so far.

7. SELFDEFENSE

Wore it most of today. It worked well. Only shift was with the cant from getting in and out of cars, moving, etc. The Colt is not as easy to carry as the polymers, but nothing too bad.

8. SELFDEFENSE

After 2 weeks of wearing, the holster is pretty good, but you come to appreciate the carryability of the polymer guns even more.