Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Steyr CISM rifle came with a scope rail to replace the one used to mount the rear diopter sight.
It has an upper narrow dovetail that will accept the rear sight and a wider dovetail below in two positions with a slot across the rail. These are obvious positions for scope rings, but what format?

I got a free set of tally rings from the seller (CDNN) marked “SSG” which seem to be the proper width for the dovetail, but when resting on the top of the rail...their “clampers” do not go down far enough to reach the dovetail.

It is an SBS 96 format action. I hope someone has done this before and has some info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The SSG rings, if factory, should fit in the areas with the grooved out section, their cross bolt should fit down in that dished out area. If they are after market they may not fit. Otherwise I believe the top rail is 11mm if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SSG rings, if factory, should fit in the areas with the grooved out section, their cross bolt should fit down in that dished out area. If they are after market they may not fit. Otherwise I believe the top rail is 11mm if i remember correctly.
Thanks. The rings supplied are marked “SSG” but Talley. There is no cross bolt and the Upper dovetail prevents them from going down to the area of the lower dovetai.

I will search for other SSG rings but I”m not sure if currently 30mm are an easy find. I tried to get the diopter rear sight rail off the other day (two screws) and after screw removal it wouldn’t budge. I gave it a good wack with a 2x4..nada. I saw some Steyr directions for base mounting which included putting loctite on the bace and receiver mating surfaces. So I wonder if it is bonded on there GOOD?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts