Trijicon night sights

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by mugdava, Jan 25, 2008.

1. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

I just received two sets of Trijicon night sights for the Steyr M-A1. They appear to be very well made and look outstanding! I haven't measured it yet, but the slot on the Trijicon rear sight appears to be slightly larger than the slot on the PT rear sight. The angle of the Trijicon sights is more like the stock tri-traps than the rather upright PT sights.

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/prod ... tegoryID=7

I'll post more after I install 'em and do a comparison vs the PT sights.
    _______
    mugdava

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

What tooling are you using to install them?

:think: :think:

3. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Babj!

A nylon rod takes care of most of my sight adjustment, removal and installation needs. Much like the nylon rods Brownell's offers as front sight tools.
    _______
    mugdava

4. jetsiphon

jetsiphon New Member

You really ought to have those drifted on. If you crack a vile, you're SOL, if a gunsmith cracks a vial, they'll warranty it.

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Words of Wisdom! :wink: Please don't try this at home! :hand:

These sights are the shizzle. Very precise, very clean, w/ slightly smaller rear pips/vials and a slightly larger rear sight slot. More of a combat sight picture than the PT sights(more gap on either side of front sight when viewing sight picture).These sights look as good as any sights on the market(if not better!) and required very little fitting. They may not be tri-trap night sights, but IMO, They are the next best thing.

* EDIT *(pic added)
    [​IMG]
    _______
    mugdava

6. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

You don't notice any change in POI since your gun is a .357 SIG? I would doubt at 10 yards or less but what about out to 15 yards plus?

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Fine looking piece! Range report!

Got a load of Canned Heat in 357 Sig and 10mm I'm wanting to try out but the meanest bug on the planet ruined the whole past week. Maybe this coming weekend. :mrgreen:

8. NicoX

NicoX New Member

Tri trap night sights please!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

9. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

i have been wanting to buy the trijicon's for my steyr. I haven't heard anything good about the PT night sights.

Would you recommend them? I really don't need/want the tritium, but I would like to try the steyr without the triangular sights and it seems trijicons are the best. Did you get all Green dots?

10. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

All shooting was done at 10yards, so I can't comment on 15+ yards, but I do have a set of used PT sights for sale for fairly cheap. :wink:
    Thank You! I'll do a legit range report soon w/ all three Steyr pistols! Next time You get some canned heat in 357sig add a bag or two of there 1400fps JHP(the reloads are a cheaper!). That stuff puts rather inexpensive smiles on peoples faces! :shock: Also I've been meaning to try the hot 10mm stuff they have. It's something like 1375fps! :twisted:

PT sights(aka MMC!) are good sights, but for the Steyr I like the Trijicons better. If you want true precision, use three dot or standard sights. If You want down and dirty fast acquistion for combat style shooting, IMO, the tritraps are unsurpassed! My Trijicons are green/green, but they offer other configurations. IMO, Ameriglo(uses Trijicon), Trijicon, and LPA make the best sights available at reasonable prices.
    _______
    mugdava

11. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...a quick side note for those considering multiple color night sights...

ONLY the green are warrantied for 12 years.... the other colors generally die in less than half that time...

...so be prepared to purchase/install your off-color sight twice as often as the green one....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

12. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

mugdava, i sent a PM re: your PT sights.

Gracias,

Ben

13. Guufball

Guufball Member

Greetings,

Are night sights available in the trapezoidal configuration that comes standard with the gun?

Thanx,
    GB

14. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

No - standard 3 dot are the most common, though you can get a setup that resembles the Sig "dot-the-i" or glock "cup-a-ball" and a few others from PT...

15. Guufball

Guufball Member

Damn! Oh well, thanx for the heads-up.

CB

16. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Wow! Look who makes the factory night sights according to the 2008 Steyr price list. Some time back Trijicon was supposed to be working on tri-trap night sights, but it appears that fell through. Look on page #9 of the price list, $117 for night sights.

Here's the new list:
    http://www.steyrarms.com/fileadmin/down ... prices.pdf
    _______
    mugdava