Trigger Travel Assistance

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by midtnshooter, Oct 27, 2007.

1. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Hey All,

Due to safety issues, I may not "F" with the trigger lbs., but is the distance of the travel adjustable, or is it all relevant?

My trigger travel (without a tool) is right at 1/8" from the safety trigger break till the discharge.

What would ya'll do to lessen the "abrasive feel/creep" of the final 1/8". When I pull the trigger slowly, it is slow and drags. I have cleaned the trigger assembly, but is it a polishing issue?

Thank you,
    MTS

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

you won't likely run into a safety issue by decreasing the trigger pull weight if done by using a lighter striker spring.

the problem with that will be light primer hits/ failure to fire.

the safety concern would be more likely if you were to adjust the relationship between the sear/post and firing pin tang. any modification here could allow the firing pin to release from the sear resulting in an accidental/negligent discharge.

the last 1/8th travel smoothness is purely a polishing concern and can be effectively be smoothed out using the "trigger tune up" tutorial on the home page.

3. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Thanks to the write up on the home page by BT I found that after all the polishing bending the last spring made it a whole new gun!!!!

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

when i was told about that modification, it took me a long time to wrap my head around how it would affect the trigger pull.

but once i figured it out and tried it for myself, MAN!!! what a difference.

the transition from "take-up" to actual trigger pull is completely transparent. and the trigger pull becomes one smooth increase in tension without a step defining the end of the take-up.

i'm glad you had good results with it.