Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had a spring in their trigger pack break or need replacement? I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to order a set as contingency spares, and I’m wondering how likely I am to ever actually need them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
No to the breaking. Replacing yes at some point.
To get some of the parts you have to send you gun to SAI Armorer in AL to be serviced Or you have to be a Steyr Armorer to order them. Ie take the Armorer school they have .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
To get some of the parts you have to send you gun to SAI Armorer in AL to be serviced Or you have to be a Steyr Armorer to order them. Ie take the Armorer school they have .
Not directed at you, but that kind of bullshit is part of why Steyr will ALWAYS be a minor player in the market. Seriously, what harm is there in letting the owner have spare parts? If I goon up the replacement, I’ll send it back to them; you can buy every wear part for virtually every other pistol on the planet.

I have a truly one of a kind M9-A1 that I LOVE, and I’m this freaking close to taking it to Cabela’s and dumping it for whatever they will give me, just because the manufacturer won’t trust me with a complete spare parts set.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, could I order a set through you? I’m not spending close to $1000 to take a class so I can be trusted with $50 in springs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How often does Steyr recommend a new recoil spring? 5000 rds like Glock? How about striker springs, etc?

Not that I will ever need them...

T

·
Registered
682 Posts
How often does Steyr recommend a new recoil spring? 5000 rds like Glock? How about striker springs, etc?

Not that I will ever need them...

T
5 to 10k . The Book calls for as needed, just do the old school 1911 trick. Rack your slide with no mag and slowly let it go forward if it does not going to battery ,replace it

·
Registered
39 Posts
As far as gun manufacturers not selling parts and insisting on installing these themselves, there are many firearm brands that insist on that. Ruger is one; you cannot even buy a rifle firing pin, and have to ship the entire rifle to them! Many people will not deal with that at all, but the manufacturer has the right to MAKE SURE that their parts are properly installed to insure that their reputation as a brand does not suffer...........................elsullo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts