Trade G23 for Steyr?

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by 10mm4ever, Mar 1, 2007.

1. 10mm4ever

10mm4ever New Member

Help me out! I have a G23(2nd gen.) w/Mepros, that's been excellent. I love the fact that Glocks are so easy to work on, spare parts availibility,etc. However, I've been dying to get a Steyr for awhile now. I have several other Glocks, but the G23 would be the one to go, should I trade for the Steyr. I'm most interested in an M or MA1 .40 to replace it. I probably would have done it by now, if it werent for the company changing ownership, hard to find parts, etc. Is there a good source for fairly inexpensive mags and parts? I know that being a Steyr forum it's going to be hard to give an un-biased answer. Is there still service support in the U.S.? Sorry for all the questions, but I've studied the construction of these pistols and was very impressed, also had the chance to shoot one last year and fell in love with how it handles, compared to the G23. What should I do? Thanks

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya 10MM* :)

CDNN has M40-A1's and M9-A1's for $349 right now. At that price, get one from Jerry (800) 588-8500 and keep your G23...at least for now. <shrug> Far as service, SAI is now and has always been great to work with. Special attention to the turn around time. Go for it and g'luck. :)

Wulf

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

save up and get a M40A1 from CDNN there a steel at $350

keep the glock nice to have an alternative

4. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Wish I knew then what I know now...

I just bought a M40-A1 about two weeks ago for $512 (w/ tax) at the local shop. Now I notice y'all talking about CDNN. Doh!

I like supporting my local guy, but 100 bucks is 100 bucks! Oh well.

BTW, my dealer said that Steyr was going to be stopping or had stopped importing M's. Anyone else heard this?

5. Heat

Heat Guest

Yea i was going to buy from a gun shop a month back they were charging me $568.00 plus tax, transfer fee and background check charges. Then luckily i was surfing the net wound up on this site heard someone in a post talking about cdnn and decided to go check out the new catalog and viola!!!! NIB M40-a1!!! I really havent had a chance to test this baby out but this weekend i have time to go give it a thorough workout and come back with the results.

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Heat :)

U gonna love it boomin' in your hand, Bro. And, timin' ain't everthing, but savin' a bitta $ always helps. Hava great weekend and post ur RR. :)

Wulf <-- takin' 'is 110 gr JHP 357 SIG reloads to the range Sunday for a little 357 Mag resized bullet shootout :p

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Trade G23 for Steyr?
    -------------------------------------
    Yes, yes, and yes. Especially at CDNN's current prices