Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to take her out again yesterday. I gotta say, one of the best striker fired triggers I've ever shot. The reset isn't an issue for me at all. I'm getting used to the trap sights as well. I wasn't hitting left like I was the first time out. It was pretty much point of aim, minute of man, Even out to 25yds.
One thing I noticed was when the slide locked back on lrho, i would drop the mag and load the next mag and when I would seat it the slide lock would release on it's own and chamber the round. Not a big deal, just something that I need to be aware of. I didn't notice this the first time out. Other than that, I'm really lovin this thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, its kinda just habit. Slam it home. I've had a couple other guns that did this. I swear I don't remember it doing it the first time I took it out. I'll see how she does on my next trip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah some guns are more prone to it. Some people ride the release on insert as well. The AUG can spit out rounds if you smack it hard enough so I tend to watch the insert.

shooting a Steyr handgun is like cheating

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most European pistols will drop the slide if you smack the bottom of the mag in. My Steyrs, CZs, and my IWI Masada all do this and, to be honest, it’s awesome for quick reloads. None of my Glocks or American made auto pistols do, but, I wish they did. It sure does freak you out the first time it happens and you’re not expecting it though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts