To those who own both, Which conceals better the M or the S?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Rotorflyr, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

This question is targeted at those that have (or had) both the M and the S AND Actually carry them concealed (or wore them around the house concealed enough to see how it would work for them).

Do you find it eaiser to conceal one over the other or do they both seem to coneceal equaly well (or poorly as the case may be)?

Also how are you carrying? IWB or OWB?

Mod's, feel free to move this post to the Carry Issues Forum if you feel it fits better there then here

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I know I'm not qualified to post in this thread, but it seems to me like a no-brainer: all things are roughly equal between the two pistols, except size - the smallest pistol will conceal the best. Am I missing something here? :?

3. soapyballs

soapyballs Member

I have an M40 & 2 S9's I find the concealment almost the same. The butt and length of the M40 is a bit longer but I think they hide well with the type of clothing I wear, which is usually a untucked shirt.

4. Flashpoint

Flashpoint New Member

The barrel length doesn't make a difference, the grip is where it's at. If it's harder to shoot with the smaller grip then go with the M series. The difference isn't worth the loss of control or accuracy.

5. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

If IWB w/ a t shirt then for me it HAS to be the S.
    I need to wear a cover garmet if I carry the M.

YMMV

6. OTTO

OTTO Guest

I carry the M40 Everyday with just jeens and a t-shirt never had a problem. but i dont have an S series to compare so i dont if this helps!

7. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

Both conceal well, the S will do better than the M because of the shorter grip.

I also find that my S was the better shooter than my M.

Only 2 reasons my S isn't my EDC pistol:
    1) my Kahr MK is smaller
    2) my S40 was stolen a month ago :x

8. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

Yep, your missing the point that there is very little difference in size between the two, and what I was getting at was that given this small difference, was there really much of a difference in concealment between them :wink:

9. WorldPax

WorldPax Guest

I have both and +1 on they both conceal about the same. If you can only have one, don't let the apperant better concealment of the S sway you.

10. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

Thanks Pax,
    I figured there was probably little difference between the two.