To CANT or not to CANT

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Steyrboy, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Steyrboy

Steyrboy Guest

In the process of deciding between a standard drop IWB or and FBI cant IWB. Was looking for some suggestions on this.......... pros...... cons..... experience with either. Thanks.

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

in a word.......

F.B.I.

...prints less....

...and we all want to be FBI agents....

:wink: :wink:

3. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I like a radical forward cant. For me the cant allows the pistol grip in more of a vertical position witch allows me to hide it better. With a standard drop it sticks out the back..

That is what works for me. I would look for a holster thats lets you do both.. To for one kinda thing...

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Cant prints less. I have both set ups......mmmmmm :think: I prefer a straight up draw stroke, but that being said, I'd probably recommend the cant. If you wear the holster toward the back the cant is easier draw, toward the front more the draw can be a little awkward for the non-flexible chaps.......OR you can get a holster that is cantable....like heavymetalmachine suggests :mrgreen: and try both...............

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I was a fan of straight draw until I forced myself to try out FBI cant for a week - now I'll never go back. The pistol is easier to draw (especially if you are driving), the bottom of the grip is moved more towards the front and up so there is less print, and it's just somehow more comfortable. You should check out Blade-Tech's line of IWB's - their clips are drilled so that you can switch between both and decide for yourself.

6. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

good point about the driving........