Steyr Club Forums banner
201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts
Awesome on the holster, is it up already? Also wish I could make it. Maybe I’ll get out to your side of the country next year. Good luck and awesome event.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Just got the Email today, the 1st one is on its way, for final approval and then DCH will start taking preorders. And it's just not for Steyr pistols . So it should make Glock people Happy to. Lol.
Thanks , and you should try to make it.

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts
Just got the Email today, the 1st one is on its way, for final approval and then DCH will start taking preorders. And it's just not for Steyr pistols . So it should make Glock people Happy to. Lol.
Thanks , and you should try to make it.
Uh oh, make Glock people happy, not sure we can have that, They clearly chose the wrong Austrian pistol lol. That’s awesome I need to get one of those for the steyr and one for a m11. I also still need to ask double click if they can do a safari land fork holster so I can start to standardize my owb holsters. I was going with a omnivore for that role but after the last match I’m worried about the omnivore allowing too much debris in and think that played a major role in the p320 malfunction that took awhile to clear.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
I should have some information soon..let me get the prototype in and checked out. Then I would say to email DCH. And see about getting it made up and ordered.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Check this out. New from DoubleClick the
( TNS Combo IWB mag holster )

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Quick question for you all need some help does anyone know what the current US record or world record is for a 308win ?

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts
Quick question for you all need some help does anyone know what the current US record or world record is for a 308win ?
Not 100% sure. I believe the longest confirmed kill with 308 was 1360 yards or so in Iraq, but I believe the highest I’ve seen report by a civilian was 2k yards although from what I recall it was quite a bit of rounds down range first. so I would assume a record would be north of that but I’m not sure where to look for official records on longest shot.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
The future of steyr aftermarket parts Truly relies on those that love the Platform and that are willing to take the risk . I recently got to spend some time with Mr. Tucker from ARID GROUP (Advanced Research and Industrial Design.) He brought out a few of his prototypes and showed Us how these , NEW AUG Receiver rails & Forward hand guard mounts are being designed and improvements to the ergonomics of the Steyr Aug platform. Getting to see the modularity of a new Forward End support grip being integrated with M-Lock was definitely impressive . Adding approximately 4" worth of extra real state to the front of the AUG on a 16" barrel. With this new quad rail mount you can get your support hand further forward and closer to the barrel for a more natural index point Plus you are gaining the additional rail space for extra components . The new receiver rails will be totally customizable for the users . The one we used during testing was a 35 slot 1913 and a cut out for a WML pressure pad . With future designs or custom orders having up to 45 rails slots on a 16" barrel and QD points added in specific or custom location, with a possible of one design being able to add back your factory AUG optic into a new receiver rail with 1913 rail slots. Here is a Frist look from a Range day With Arid Group. If you'd like to see one in-person we should have some at this Year, TNSTEYR RANGE DAY EVENT 8.21.2021 Royal Range USA Here's a press release directly from ARID GROUP Armament Research and Concepts branch representative. Mr Tucker . The top rails you've been seeing are prototype runs for A3 SA AUG testing. A3M1s are on the way. Based on feedback from those who buy a rail, I'm able to improve the design and work towards a production model. This means that each order has the flexibility to be tailored to your specific needs. Elements of your custom work will be incorporated to the final design if there is merit in those elements. I won't make something I wouldn't want to buy, and I won't sell you something that doesn't exist. If you engage with me on a prototype setup, you will obtain one. Your investment is the cost of materials and time to machine, and $10 shipping. Your return on investment is the product itself. Production requires time and resources, which, due to my current job in the Military, I must balance with my family, and all of life's priorities. Finish work is limited to deburring, cleaning and enamel paint. Lead times vary, but I'd estimate 3-4 weeks depending on how much "motivation" the military pours into my schedule. Other products in development: Improved Trigger slide Improved Trigger Linkage Improved Semi Auto Safety (ready to ship) Many thanks for your time, stay safe out there. Mr. Tucker [email protected] Discord: Tucker.M#1831

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts
Here is the the Full article write up I did.

Good write up, i wish my skill set lent itself to the development background. I tried to help out with sending some measurements to him on the A3M1. Also fit, measured, and sent back the 3D parts. What he is pulling off is pretty awesome and I hope we continue to get more love for the platform especially with every aug on the market selling out fast.

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts
Love it, ill go take a look, it looks like it sits a fair bit lower then his other options(good thing in my view)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Is doing a giveaway for free holster .
Check out the YouTube channel .
all you have to do is subscribe to the channel and leave a comment which one you want .

201 - 219 of 219 Posts