Tired of Hearing the Steyr Called a Glock

Discussion in 'The Soap Box' started by WirelessG, Jan 9, 2013.

1. WirelessG

WirelessG New Member

It's not a Glock, it's a Steyr. It doesn't have a thumb safety and as far as I am concerned that where the similarities end. The sights, the fit, and the feel are not at all the same. These same people that go on to insist that Steyrs are Glocks tend to go on to say a lot of other stoopid things and they have a lot of other stoopid problems in their life.

My only criticism of Steyr is that they don't produce a larger variety of pistols.

2. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

Now that I own a Steyr and a Glock I can say you are right. Just about everything on my Steyr feels/looks and handles a notch above my G19. I'm not saying the G19 isn't a great weapon. I just think the Steyr is nicer. Both will outlast even the most avid shooter.

3. deusvult

deusvult New Member

I have had several of my friends make the statement that my Steyr is just another Glock....until they hold it. Once they take it for a spin, most want one of their own.

I remember the very first time I pulled the trigger on a G17 back in 1997. I borrowed it from a friend and took it to the range. First trigger pull was horrible, but I thought, "I'll just have to get used to it." None of the pulls after the first were any better. At that point, I swore to myself that I would never own a striker fired pistol.

Fast forward 15 years. I am standing in Cabela's on a payday (yeah, I know, stoopid) and I see an M9 under the glass. I figure what the hell? Salesman hands it to me and I feel the heft. Get a grip and dry fire. What the hell is wrong with this trigger? It feels GOOD?!?!?!? Rack and dry fire again. I set it back on the counter and look at the salesman. He looks at me, I look at the pistol. I say, "Box it up." For $450, I couldn't pass it up.

Found another one last month at Cabela's for $500 and bought it, too. Hey, 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Now it is my carry.

4. deusvult

deusvult New Member

5. jhb

jhb Member

I don't know if that is such a bad thing. Think of sig....geez how may variations can you make of a few pistol models. Sometimes less is more...which is why I like steyr, fnh, etc.

Steyr_40 likes this.