Those darn Glocks...

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by ThaiBoxer, Feb 6, 2010.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Shot an IDPA match today. I shot my 1911, did OK, but had a bad weak hand string that put me out of the running. That's not the point. The point is that I enjoy collecting "Glock Fails" at matches and sharing them with my brethren and step-brethren at the Steyr Forum.

On my stage, we had a new shooter, with a new Glock 27, shooting factory 180 gr ammo. You know where this is going, right.....?

Five (5) FTFeeds on the weakhand string. The fabled limp wristing, I guess. Also, six (6) failures to lock slide back, I dunno why. I do know that SIX "clicks" in a match kinda sux.....:joker:

There was a CZ with reloads (not case gauged) that gacked rather badly, and twice locked up completely before the owner switched ammo.

My 1911? Why, it ran through all of the ~100 case gauged rounds just fine, thanks...

Even tho I shot a 1911, I still gotta say it.....

Go Steyr!

2. majette

majette Member

+1! i may try a m9a1 in this weeks idpa match.

3. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I forgot to add, we had a Glock 20 on our squad with a few FTFeeds using reloads, I dunno how many, ~2-3 that I saw. And an FN FiveSeveN that choked 2 times on factory ammo. Yes, I know a 5.7 is not IDPA legal but we let him shoot, local match. Doesn't take much tape for a .22 hole, I can tell you!

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

these guys are not making good reloads if glocks are choking on them and/ or they are using recoil springs so light a two year old can rack it......

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

The reloads explain the Glock 20, I hope. The G27 remains unaccounted for, it was new, with factory Rem green box ammo. Nothing to do with it's Glockness, I'm sure.

6. TheMadAxeman

TheMadAxeman New Member

Any time someone takes a brand new gun, and has little or no experiance with it, and tries to push it that far, problems are bound to arise.

I use a Glock 17 and 20 for local falling plate and bowling pin shoots (each respectivly), and reload for both. Thus far, around 3k on the 17, nearing 1k with the 20, I've not had a single hicup.
    But then, I also practice alot with both of them, and I pay attention to what I'm doing while reloading.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

What do you mean, "push it that far"? If one isn't suppose to load it up with factory ammunition and shoot it, then what kind of romancing is required? The guy was shooting factory 180s, not some hand-loaded kamakazi ammo...

No, the answer is quite simple: Ben is a liar. There is simply no other plausible explanation. :rolleyes: Or maybe, we just have to allow for the possibility that all things mechanical are subject to failure...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Reminds me that I have to take my old Glock 19 out to shoot since it has been in the safe for over 2 years.

9. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

:rofl:That got a real, HTG hard laugh!

As always, syntax cuts thru the BS and kicks me right in my Glock-bashing, selective range attention, story-making-upping arse.

Oh man...did you see that a Five seveN shot with us in IDPA, and IT had few boo-boos also? Geez, it may be a charged-particle, nuclear (nukulur?), light speed, state-o'-the-art death ray but it sure makes a tiny hole...

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Let me ask you this - which is more fallible: glock perfection or your integrity? I rest my case...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  11. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i really did spit coffee on the screen.

thanks syntax... i was wondering when i'd use up all those paper towels. :thumbsup: