Thinking whether i should get a 9 or 40 cal M A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by jamesrich602, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesrich602

jamesrich602 Guest

Going to purchase a steyr M A1 but not sure whether to get the 40 cal or 9. This will be my first gun and just wondering what some pros think i should learn with and buy. I have heard that the recoil on the 40 isnt that but but want u guys to chime in!

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

See Finally gonna buy a MA1, but do I go 40sw or 9mm? for three page's worth of discussion on exactly your topic. How's that for a whole bunch of answers instantly?

BTW, I put my opinion and experiences in that other thread. I vote for the M9-A1 and I had a M40-A1, but swapped it for a subcompact 9mm S&W. IMHO, the answer is really "neither one. Get the M357-A1" but they're very hard to find and if you do find one, you'll have to pay $500+ instead of the great deal still going at CDNN for $350 on the M9-A1 or M40-A1. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.
    :mrgreen:

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Netfotoj beat me to the punch (again - you're on fire this morning, man!). See the thread Netfotoj mentioned above, or try a search - this one has been mercilessly beat into the ground, especially in the past few months. Welcome aboard! 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.