Thinking of a Thank You for the guys at SAI

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ThaiBoxer, Oct 28, 2007.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Steyroids,

The guys at SAI have been very helpful to me at times. I suspect some of you have been helped over some issue or another.

I'm going to buy the SAI repair/parts crew some pizzas for lunch, and have it delivered. One of the mods has agreed to be in it with me, and we'll make it a SteyrClub thank you. If you want to contribute, PM me. If you live in Cummings, Georgia and can advise on the best pizza in town or maybe BBQ, or other helpful info, please let me know.

I'll wait a bit before moving forward on this.

Cheers,
    Ben

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sounds like a good idea to me. Count me in. 8)

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Ben :)

Good idea. :p I want in. :) Reminds me of the ol' sayin', "Life's a party...what are you gonna bring?" :shock: IMHO, bringin' pizza's way better than bringin' the napkins an' paper plates. <shrug>

Wulf <-- usually brings Corona an' Hacienda Repasado ;)

4. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Count me in as well......

Excellent idea....

:D :D

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

OK 4 guys say they are in: BT, SinTax, babj, and Count Wulfenstein. I'll do this shortly.

Best,

Ben

6. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Count me in also! :wink:
    _______
    mugdava

7. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Me 2, let me know where to send the cash, check, money order.

MTS

8. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

I just sent in my m40 yesterday due to the trigger not resetting, and Jeff said he will put all brand new sub-assembly in and shoot 100 rounds of ammo through there. I was asking about turning it into a m40-1a but the serial numbers wouldn't match and he advised against that. all new internals and 100 rounds of ammo deserves a pizza, but let's wait untill after my gun gets back so I don't get slowed down with this long lunch or mozzarella in my barrell. haha. :p

i'm in.

9. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I called and talked with Jack about it. Good thing, since he and a few others are gone all week at a show/conference. Nov 16th is the D-day for lunch, I explained to Jack that it was a general thank you from several SteyrClub members to SAI. I'll post more later.

10. I've put SAI on my Christmas Card list. :D

They're good people and deserve a nod of support for their hard work. Steyr should give them all raises. :D

11. midtnshooter

You know Minister? That is a really good idea. Some might get a slice of pizza and some might not. A card that says "Merry Christmas" will make alot of them smile. I hope they get them each year, if not we can all send them something to say......... :p "Thank You, Merry Christmas".

......... ........that was a cool idea, minister. :)

Take Care,
    MTS

12. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Ok, Kiddies,

Apparently the lunch went over well. We sent enough to feed the whole crew at SAI. I found a BBQ joint to cater in pig and bird, beans, spud salad and something they call "swate tea" south of the Mason-Dixon. It was from the Steyr Club forum.

Tab was not too big. When I think of the help I've had (and probably some of you) from SAI, it was nothing.

I fronted the jing. Wulf has sent some funds.

I have words of intent from MTS, mugadave, syntax, babj, 45 nut, pilotbenjamin and BT. If I get $10 from each, we'll cover expense.

Any of you fellows who want to kick in, email or PM me.

Cheers,

Ben

13. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Dude....

I LOVE "Swate Tea"....

8) 8)

PM sent

:wink: :wink:

14. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Ben :)

Thanx for doin' that for us. If ya come up short, let me know and I'll send ya some more $. Hava great Sunday, Bro. :)

Wulf

15. midtnshooter

Hey Ben,

I just sent the PM. Let me know if you need some extra funds.

As for the SWATE tea joke........ :twisted: , That was funny in my southern twisted way.

Take Care,

MTS

16. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Down here in the sunny South, you don't have to ask for "Swate" tea. That's the way it comes when you just say "Tea, please ma'am." Now if you're not from around here, there are a few places, not many, where you can special order something called unsweetened tea. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but it sounds nasty. Ewwwwwww! :?

BTW, props and kudos to all you guys who pitched in on the pig and chicken feed, especially you Ben, for heading it up. Sounds like SAI was really shown a little good ol' Southern hospitality from SteyrClub. We have much to be thankful for from the guys and gals at SAI who will keep our firearms up and running and spitting fire. :mrgreen:

17. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Responded to PMs to syntax, babj, and MTS.

Thank you gents.

Ben

PS: Sorry for the type-o. The phonetic spelling is "Swate Tay".

:)

18. midtnshooter

Payment, on it's way!

Thanks Again,

MTS

19. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

I gotta fax yesterday from Pam Walter, thankin' the Steyrclub for the little lunch party. Here's the scan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special thanx to our own Ben (Thaiboxer) for thinkin' it up, puttin' it all together and frontin' the cash.

ATTABOY, Ben!!! :)

Also, all you guys that helped with your donations, and you know who you are, Thanx, Guys...You Rock!!! :p

Don't be afraid ta email or call SAI and let 'em know we appreciate their card. Hava great week, Y'all. ;)

Wulf