The start of my armoury room...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by CGuns, Jan 23, 2006.

1. CGuns

CGuns New Member

Converting a room over to be an armoury room in my residence.

So far, so good. Still have paint work and flooring work left.

Anyways, a deal came up last week and I had the gentleman that designed the cases for Oakley sunglasses build me "modern gun cabinets". Glass, Aluminum, Steel and Black ABS.
    I got one sample case in and wanted to set it up to see how it works.
    Recessed internal lighting has not been installed yet and the glass isn't finished yet....something special for the glass.

Keep in mind, it doesn't look great in this room, because it has not been finished yet. The room will either be finished in black, white or grey. The post-contemporary look is my thing.

Each case will fit about 4 long guns, or approximately 8 pistols. The ABS backboard was drilled to accept machined aluminum and stainless steel mounts that I have been fabricating to hold the pistols.
    The bottom of each case has a huge storage area. I was so pleased with the volume I had left over for storage. In the bottom, I have tons of steel core 7.62x39, my SHTF ammo loadout for an AK, multiple Armalite magazines, my M4 carbine mags, Saiga-12 magazines, 200+ rounds of shotgun ammo, 500+ rounds of 9mm and a bunch of 5.56.
    This was just a sample layout to see how the cases would do with gear and if the shelves needed additional support substructures.

Since I am doing the room up, I finally have a place to put my movie memorabilia. I got a bunch of this stuff as gifts from the producers. I have a couple Lord or War items semi-mounted on the walls. The rest is still framed up and collecting dust. I got my tactical training certificates mounted and I will proudly hang those as well.

2. CGuns

CGuns New Member

[​IMG]

That AK is a Movie Prop from Lord of War....Along with signed Official Image Releases from the cast....all gifts.

[​IMG]

3. theFiasco

theFiasco New Member

CGuns: Wow. Beautiful hardware.

-tF

4. CGuns

CGuns New Member

P.S. If you like Russian art, you should recognize this. I have the complete set, signed, and all SN 13.

[​IMG]

5. CGuns

CGuns New Member

The enclosures feature glass on three sides and a black ABS backing sheet that is nice and thick.

The 4 aluminum side supports I sent off to be anodized silver...the raw aluminum was nice, but anodized silver is even nicer. They are aluminum extrusions in 6061-T6.

6. WorldPax

WorldPax New Member

Like I said before, when the SHTF I'm going to CGuns house.

7. CGuns

CGuns New Member

You are welcome when the SHTF!
    We need a first class McGiver and a Master Scrounger, plus a man that can handle a rifle.
    It gets better. That is only one of the cases...I haven't decided how I am going to lay each case out. I might do a case of all German guns. Another of all Austrian. Another of all Russian, etc...
    This was just to test out how it looked and if the load bearing capability was suitable for "the heavy stuff".

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Uh, I'm a Licensed Comm Deity, MacGyver, and SGT scrounger all-in-one, but I do better with this than a rifle:

[​IMG]

9. CGuns

CGuns New Member

Agreed. I much prefer shotguns to rifles. Nothing like a good shotgun.

But you should try a Russian Izhmash S-12. I can get 9 round off in 2 seconds.

10. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Very Nice!

I have to say I am very impressed and jealous that you have an AK-47 prop from the movie 'Lord of War" and the sign image release from the cast. The movie stuff will look really nice next to the lighted gun cases. My dream would be to have a small room for just my gun stuff at some point.

Keep us up-to-date on your progress.

11. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

I WILL own a Saiga 12 one day. That, to me, is one of the sexiest shotguns on the planet.

12. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Yup, SAIGA 12 is awesome. I like the SAIGA 12K variant myself, although you'd have to SBR the sucker and search all over God's green earth to find the parts to do the conversion.

13. CGuns

CGuns New Member

Actually, the Saiga 12K lacks the adjustable gas system that the 12 models have. This is a big no-no in my book.
    The magazine feed guide is a nice feature though.