The send in fix for the orginal M40

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by RiceCakes, Jun 3, 2007.

1. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Hey guys. Ive sent my M40 in for the trigger fix, but I cant for the life of me get it under 6 lbs of pull. I just wanted to make sure I had actually received the upgraded trigger. IIRC, the old 8 lb assemblies had the pin halfway up the trigger, while the new 5 lbs were more like 3/4 up? If anyone cn post a pic of the new trigger, especially where the pin is, that would help me immensely.
    Thanks Guys

-RC

2. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

I just compared it to the pic on the cover of the manual, it is a new one. Guess I just get to tinker and break it in some more :wink:

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Probably a lot of Ms are in the 6 lb. area

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

the first "upgraded" trigger was billed as a five pound.

not that it's conclusive, but the steyr triggers that i've been able to get a pull gauge on are between 6 and 6.5 pounds.

when wulf sent one of his in for the upgrade, it came back at 6.5 pounds.

you're definitely in the range of what steyr typically gives it's customers, so not to worry.

5. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Ok, thats good. My pull system is by no means scientific, having wieghts pulled up by twine, but its pretty accurate. Mine is just over 6. Which isnt that bad I guess, but its not gonna stop my tinkering nature. :wink: