The Proper Way to Exercise the 2nd Ammendment

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by raul1427, Dec 13, 2007.

1. raul1427

raul1427 Guest

While John Horn has gotten a lot of press lately, I feel that Nathaniel Brooks deserves much more press.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/6697.html

The real power of any firearm is in the ability of it's operator to use it wisely.

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

That's why I keep my Ithaca 37 pump in the easy-grab bottom position on my gun rack. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

3. raul1427

raul1427 Guest

Speaking of shotguns, I would like to know what would be a good one for home defense. Mr. Brooks seemed to have a traditional long-barreled shotgun. I live in an apartment and feel that a hunting rifle or long-barreled shotgun would be too unwieldy and cumbersome in tight quarters. I was wondering if there is a short-barreled home-defense shotgun that is light weight, and reliable, in a 12 gauge. I've never had nor shot a shotgun and someone suggested a Remington 870.

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Remington 870 Tactical would be a fine choice for a pump. Millions of cops can't be wrong.

If you want to go automatic, the Remington 1100 Tactical is also a good choice.

Mossberg 930 Tactical is another good choice.

And then there's Saiga AK-style auto shotguns, cheaper than Remington, Mossberg et c. and you can get 10-rd. mags for 12 gauge. I know some of the Steyroids here have Saigas and love them.

There was a thread a while back discussing what home-defense shotguns Steyroids are using. Search for "shotgun" and I'm sure you'll find it.

Or do like I did. Take a hunting shotgun to a gunsmith and have him cut the barrel down to a legal 18 inches. Any good used auto or pump shotgun will work just fine. :mrgreen:

5. BadAndy

BadAndy New Member

You could also pick up a coach gun in 12ga. They are surprisingly compact and easy to manuever around. The only downside I can see is that you only have two rounds at hand vs. 5-8 with a pump.

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya raul* :)

Rem 870 or Mossberg 590 are two of the most popular pump action 12 Ga shotguns. Personally, I gotta Mossy 9200 that I've worked with a bit to get it functionin' pretty damn reliably, but it took a bit o' honin' and ammo findin' ta get there.

[​IMG]

...and, all I gotta do is swap the pistol grip and go with the 22" bbl for some skeet shootin'. :p

The semi autos are fun ta play with, but prolly, goin' into serious harms way and expecting to use it for my primary defense, ya can't go wrong with a well used and tuned pump action, tho they tend to recoil substantially more than the auto loaders. <shrug> Shoot 'em all and fig'r it out as ya go along. ;) Hava great holiday season. :)

Wulf

7. Fireof59

Fireof59 New Member

Try doing a google search on Mossberg 500.
    I was asking the same ?? you are and this was my answer (before my wife decided she wanted to take up shooting and now owns a M9.)

In the (God Forbid) off chance you do have to use it in your apt, a 12 gauge is likely to go through the wall and hurt an innocent bystander. This is a pump action 20 gauge and ya gotta love the sound of that thing chambering a shell. I can guarantee you a bad guy wont know the difference between this and a 12,

Good Luck