Steyr Club Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Ripped,
thinking about buying a Steyr and I have been trying to decide whether to buy the M9 or new M9A1, being inclined now towards the new A1 but would prefer one with the manual safety but delaers seem to only have the newer ones without it. Noticed your photo has the manual safety, any idea where I could find one like that?
Steve

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I knew there was several handguns and my dad has a GB marked Pi-18 (the prototype); on researching I found that there are at least ten other models. Two are marked the 1908 even though one is a late model 1905 and the other is simillar to the 1909. Pretty much from 1905-1916 there is a different gun for each year. I was surprised to find that in all of my various firearms books there is little reference to the Steyr handguns outside of the GB, M12 and modern M/S series. I'd be interested if there is ever a definitive list. Personally I think that should be a new project for the site. The complete list of Steyr models (but include sources for each-or the effort is meaningless). Hell I'll even start:

Name: M7
AKA: M1907, Roth-Steyr 8mm
Manufactured As: Roth-Steyr
Caliber: 8mm Roth Steyr, 8mm Steyr M7
Length: 9.1 in.
Barrel Length: 5.1 in.
Weight: ?
Capacity: 10 rounds (non removable magazine)
Muzzle Velocity: 1045 f.p.s.
Sights: Blade with notch
Operation: Recoil
Notes: Cartridge is obsolete.
Source: Small Arms of the World by Edward Ezell
Current price: $1,000 + (gunbroker.com)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.