The most elegant essay on firearms carry I've yet read

Discussion in 'The Soap Box' started by Narsil, May 2, 2010.

1. Narsil

Narsil Premium Member

I found this to be elegantly simple.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

wow... elegant, eloquent and completely logical based in fact.

i feel this really encapsulates exactly how i feel about it but does so in a completely un-emotional way. sometimes i get wound up and "overly expressive" when i try to persuade an anti-gunner of this rationale.

kudos!

now, if only we could get pelosi to understand that...

3. socofn

socofn New Member

GREAT FIND. It does not matter if pelosi understands this premise, we need to get the rest of the American People to understand. JP

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Another good one is "A Nation Of Cowards" by Snyder ? I think.

5. Specter

Specter New Member

Good find Narsil

6. OffArtist

OffArtist New Member

Read this before somewhere and loved it. Was this one of Col. Dave Grossmans essays? (The guy who wrote "Psychology Of Killing")

Good Find!

7. Narsil

Narsil Premium Member

No, I've linked to the original writer in the first post.

8. OffArtist

OffArtist New Member

Okay then, thanks for publicly making fun of my sight loss, you're a real human being. JK - Thanks Narsil, I honestly didn't notice that...

9. Narsil

Narsil Premium Member

The color of hyperlinks being so close to that of regular bolded text is one of the few things I dislike about the new forum appearance; everything else is shiny! It is a bit difficult to notice the hyperlinks.

10. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

i am always on guard for "ego" centric gun owners, especially CCW types. They are easy to spot and usually dangerous to hang around with (which i dont). They think they are somehow cool or powerful cause they carry. Usually untrained or undertrained, they handle guns carelessly. I saw it a couple of weekends ago at the training class i attended. The worst part is he owned a gun store, couldnt keep his gun in his holster, miserable gun handling skills and dangerous to us. The opposite of the person described by the retired military gentleman this quote is attributed to.