The monotony continues

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by SELFDEFENSE, Apr 30, 2007.

1. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Yesterday I went to the range and put 200 American Eagle, 15 Federal 9BP, and 15 Win Ranger T 147 gr. rounds thru my M9, still with no problems. That makes 1700 - 1800 rounds thru the gun since new without a hitch. And again the gun proves to shoot at full speed almost as accurately as at moderate pace. That made almost 500 rounds without a cleaning. Cleaned it today and its back riding slick and happy in the IWB.

2. Angel

Angel Guest

Well, lucky you! :( Cause I have about the same number in my M1A 9mm and I have had countless FTEs, a few FTFs, a ton of thrown at the face empties and 2 trips to SAI. Yet to experience any failures with American Eagle though. I have probably tried most common commercially available ammo out there in 9mm FMJ in this gun. This is not one of those you would say "eats everything I put in it". That would be a Glock, SIG, XD or HK from my experience.

Let's also remember the time when the damn thing went full auto.

/vent

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your luck, Angel. :( Fortunately, my experience has been similar to SELFDEFENSE's.

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Angel:
    Wow. Thats a boatload of problems (except for the full auto thing :) )
    So the current status is that it will only shoot AE FMJ reliably?
    I wonder if it is time to ask SAI for a complete replacement?

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Angel,

I agree with SD, it's time to squawk much louder to SAI. Your experience has most certainly not been typical and a pistol that will shoot only one type of FMJs is worth about zip as a personal defense weapon. Not even worth much as a range gun.

I would certainly give SAI a third chance to do the right thing. I've heard nothing but good things about their prompt and excellent service, so I'd say it's time for them to step up to the plate and do the right thing for you.

Good luck and may better shooting days lie ahead for thee! :mrgreen:

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hey Angel

Sorry you're havin' so much trouble w/ your M9-A1! :shock: Maybe ifn ya try a lit'l fuckin' starch in the wrist, that'll help. :shock: All I can tell ya is if you've sent it to SAI twice and they can't seem to fix it, sell me that POS! :twisted: I'll give ya $100 cash for it! Hell, make it $200...just ta save ya the hastle of lettin' SAI make it right w/ ya. Let me know. <shrug>

Wulf <-- may go as high as $225

7. Angel

Angel Guest

The current situation is that it shoots Speer Gold Dots reliably so it is relegated to the house gun loaded with those. It also works well with CCI Blazer Brass, as long as I baby the thing with lube and do everything just right.

When I took the gun to the range with wife, she had some FTFs, cause she likes to let the slide back to battery gently instead of slamming it using the slide stop like I do. This caused the slide not to go into battery completely, hence way too light a strike from the pin.

I looked at trading it in and the place I got it offered me $275, nothing extra for extra mags or holster, so I am hanging on to it at the moment. In the meantime, I got myself a subcompact that is more accurate and eats everything I throw at it, just so I have the confidence in the gun I carry.