The greatest Americans of the day

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Zundfolge, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

The two guys that placed the Mooninite devices around Boston gave a press conference. They were advised by their attorney not to discuss the charges or the case and they handled it beautifully.

Anyone that pisses off a bunch of schmuck reporters like this deserves a freakin' medal (or maybe some free hair gel).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2ytr2Oyv4

2. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I love these guys.

I read that the prosecutor said that if the light boxes had been bombs they could have done damage. Duh! But they weren't bombs. If they were oranges they could have squeezed them and made orange juice.

Buzz

3. charmincarmens

charmincarmens New Member

Jail Time

These two piss poor excuses for human beings should go to jail for a long time. And who ever put them up to it. :( :( :(

4. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Actually I think it's funny as -hell-. Great advertising and marketing that will bring hoards of people to the silly cartoon. The guys will get off, the companies will be fined and Ted Turner will pay for it all. The guys will make their rounds of late night talk shows and Ted Turner (i.e. Mr. Lets take away their guns) will benefit.

I have a great idea..... Lets do the same thing without any financial backing. What will happen to us ? JAIL, Bubba and his fetish for fresh jail meat.

Funny, but wrong.

MTS

<Like I always say, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should">

5. smores

smores Guest

I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force... I think the show is hilarious, and I wish I could have seen one of those "devices" because i would have taken one as a trophy! lol...

Those guys were pretty clever though. I've been arrested for some BS charges (my friend did some crap on my bike, and the cops came for me), and I wish I had not said anything to them relating to the charges. It would have made things a lot easier...

6. EmesiS

EmesiS Guest

Simply put - Anybody that feels justified in condemning these people for their marketing methods is an IDIOT! I live in Seattle and have seen similar signs an never once considered it a threat, in fact King County sheriff’s Sgt. John Urquhart said. “However, people don’t need to be concerned about this. These are cartoon characters giving the finger" and "authorities thought the devices were obviously not suspicious.”
    Also, while the media exclaims things like "This was an obvious attempt to disrupt peoples lives and their saftey" they forget that 9 other cities had NO trouble accepting these comics signs. Bostons Mayor is a piece of garbage and I see this exagerated response to a null threat as a step away from the true diligence required to thwart terrorist activity in our country. We do need to be aware, responsive and observant but that does not justify an over-reaction of this magnitude. It almost seems that some Bostonians would prefer an actual tragedy occur rather than admit they were silly in over-reacting to this everyday type of event.

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Boston liberals wet themselves over a cartoon.
    God forbid you leave your lunch bag on the subway and they shut down the city and you are responsible for their hysteria?

8. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I Hate To Say I Told You So......

I hate to say I told you so, but this morning it has been release that Turner Broadcasting said they will reimburse Boston authorities to a rough number of one million dollars. This money will be used to offset the lost revenue of having their finest dismantle these silly signs.

As I stated earlier, my belief would be Daddy Warbucks (old Ted Turner) would pay off authorities and will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Well I hate to say it, BUT

I TOLD YOU SO !

Take Care All !

MidTNShooter

<Man, that felt good!>

9. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

That said I sure as hell wouldn't want my daughter dating either of those guys :twisted:

Buzz

10. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

whoa charmincarmen,

I agree with EmesiS on this one.
    These guys weren't planting bombs around Boston or even pretending to put bombs around Boston. They just put up small blinking signs around town without apparent permission. The government officials overreacted and I think their refusal to acknowledge that they messed up and their willingness to blame someone else for their overreaction is the real problem.

11. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

These guys are total jerks and are probably guilty of trespass or something (and should be prosecuted for it); but terrorism or other serious charges is another sign of a runaway government that has no need to fear a liberty-loving populace.