The future of Steyr

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Buzz, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

So, from SAI's own mouth we know that they are toast in the good ole USA. Now supposing the gents from Austria dropped in here and you could give them advice for the future of Steyr firearms in the USA. What would you propose?

Buzz

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

nothing the people in austria can really do it sounds like they get to stay in business with a czech purchase of vehicles.

3. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

How to Improve the Steyr Image 101

The first thing wouldn't do is take a step back and punt, but take a step back and re-group. I would (if I were associated with the sales depart.) contact everyone in this club and ask what were their concerns. List them out and tackle them one at a time. Advertise and promote if the funds allow, but nothing is more reliable than word of mouth. Your greatest fans are the prior customers. I would email each and every one of them and say, "My name is...." and ask for their help. We would be willing to assist them any way possible. Even thoe there are some issues, I still take my pistol to matches and let the weapon do all the talking. I then state it's a Steyr. I would also go back to R&D and slap the guys and say, "Let's get the parts out, let's get the product rolling out". Put the extras that the existing customers are asking for. The final thing I would do is to reward everyone who assisted with their image with something small, even if it was a smile and a "Thank you".

4. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

I sure as hell hope they either send me my S40 back or send me a replacement pistol.

I was joking with a friend when I first sent my pistol in, I said "watch, while they have my pistol Steyr will go out of business and I'll never get even my broken gun back".

well even if I get a shiny new M40A1 as a replacement, I'm going to have to look for something else as a carry piece ... I"ll keep my Steyrs ... they're fun to shoot, but they're going to become safe queens now.

EDIT
    I just talked to Jeff at SAI ... they are still reviewing my pistol and deciding what they're going to do ... I asked if they were still going to be around and he said he didn't know and that he's going day to day at this point.

I'm sad, but for the employees of SAI I'm real sad. I've worked under that kind of uncertainty before and its no fun.

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Jeez - this really sucks. I wonder if a factory threaded barrel would still be do-able, considering they had to have it come over from Austria before, anyway. I wasn't planning on buying one now, but looks like my hand might have been pushed.

6. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

IGB will still be around and its run by one of the fellas involved with the patent on the Pistol. they could do a threaded barrel

7. Ripped

Ripped Guest

just recieved this in an email from CDNN, there was also a price list attached. but im not posting that due to someone not agreeing with it for some reason.

Hello,

This is CDNN Sports, Inc. We Just Purchased The Entire
    U.S. Inventory of Steyr Mannlicher Rifles and Pistols. They Are ALL
    Below Distributor Prices and In Stock Ready To Sell. Some of These
    Guns Are Limited Quantity with only 1 or 2 Available. Please Call Us
    at 800-588-9500 to Check Availability.

As always, Thanks for your business!

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

What they can do depends on how much money they have and what decisions they make in using it. Certainly keeping current guns running with parts availability would be the first order of business it seems to me.

9. Ripped

Ripped Guest

just got off the horn with cdnn... the MA1 steyrs are available at 349.00 in case you all were wondering. and he said likely if they dont move fast enough they will be reduced to 299.00 within a month or two.

10. AlkaliBats

AlkaliBats Guest

I might have to pick one of those up!
    By the way I picked up my XD last night, cleaned her and taking her to the range tonight... :D

11. bigbob68

bigbob68 Guest

Damn shame about Steyr. They are a fine company that deserves respect. Agreed about the M1A's at CDNN, great deal but sorry for the others that paid a premium when they first came out.

12. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

I'm a little ticked ... I've got close to $500 in the S40 I sent back to them with a cracked frame and I was ok with them replacing it with an M40A1 because it would be like value ... now if they do that I'm going to be trading a $500 gun for a $300 one.

I'm tempted to just have them send the S back and I'll just shoot the hell out of it until it flys apart (which according to some other S40 owners I've talked to may never happen despite the broken bits of the frame).