The “4 C’s” threatened

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Netfotoj, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I’ve been reading back issues of American Handgunner online and this comment by John Taffin in the January 2000 issue struck me. I hope he’s not prophetic, but I fear he might be. As he looked back at the previous century and then ahead into the new century, Taffin wrote in Great Guns Of The 20th Century:
    Not much has changed in eight years to make the picture look any brighter. :wall:

BTW, did y'all know that Taffin's articles are on his own site, sixguns.com?

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I would really like to take a poll or do a sociology study on how the "sixty's" generation has changed our world. Things seem to have gone way to self indulgent from there. Schools have no authority to "rule" there classrooms and police get little respect. Political correctness is sickening. Illegals have more rights then we do.... :wall: And liberals think its OK to just give away the country....I'm afraid that Bush has made a swing in the other direction again more likely with his administration.....Way too early in the morning for this. :sick:

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Bingo! You have hit the nail directly on the head, Shooter. I'm a member of the '60s generation and fully bought into the drugs, sex and rock 'n' roll lifestyle and of course was a liberal Democrat and truly believed the hoo-haa about Camelot and the Kennedy mystique.

Then reality kicked in when I finally grew up. A wife, two kids, a real job. Suddenly those "conservatives" who I had held in such contempt, well maybe they weren't so stupid after all. Then in 1977, at age 29, I got saved and along with real Christianity came a change in world outlook. That "overthrow all authority" mindset changed into preserve what is good and right and overthrow what is wrong and ... well just plain stupid, now that I look back on it.

And here we are caught up in Camelot II, Obamamania, the man who will "change everything" but to what? He never says. The Me Generation is ruling at the ballot box and God help us.

4. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I feel the same way. I may even vote for the first time, and against what I was taught.... Being from Mass. close to Martha's Vineyard I was always told dem all the way...

BUT now wait a min. I don't feel that way anymore.....

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

"God help us, every one!!!"

:| :|

6. chobee143

chobee143 New Member

I just had this emailed to me yesterday and thought it funny as well as thought provoking. I took statistics on college and one thing I did learn in that class is one can make a statistic to support just about anything you want.

Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians

per year are

(C) Accidental deaths per physician

is

Statistics courtesy of U.S.Dept of

Health Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S.

is

(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths

per year, all age groups,

is

(C) The number of accidental deaths

per gun owner

is

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately

9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,
    BUT

ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends

to this
    alarming threat.

We must ban doctors

before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

7. Big Rick

Big Rick New Member

hilarious. and shall be posted on the CCVT forums lol