Thanks and "Wow, this IS a nice gun"

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by matt13, Mar 23, 2007.

1. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

After many weeks of range trials and research on several different pistols I started to notice that no matter what branded forum I was on there was at least one thread about the Steyr M series pistols. Not only that, but the professed <enter> pistol lovers were raving about how much they loved the Steyrs. I found this site, spent a week reading, and after much self argument I decided to order a MA1 9mm from CDNN without ever having held or shot one.

I picked up 200 rounds of 9mm ammo and went to the range. After the first 30 rounds I was thinking "Wow, this IS a nice gun". After I had finished all 200 I was ecstatic. I've never had a pistol be as accurate or easy to shoot, much less in the first 200 rounds. I've already ordered my holster from blade-tech and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

Thanks to all of you who post here for convincing me to purchase a Steyr! It is an excellent firearm and my new regular.

Matt

2. Sound25

Sound25 Guest

Welcome to the world of Steyr!!! It only gets better with more use. I am sitting on about 15,000 rounds through my m-40 and it still looks and fires like its brand new! Congrats and have fun with your new plastic!

Sean

3. sigp6

sigp6 Guest

Congrats!

Every time I take my Steyr's to the range I am blown away by how well I shoot them.

I don't think you'll regret your decision.

Tom

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Welcome to the club, matt13. As I read somewhere on here, Steyroids are "smarter than the average glocker."

Like you, I bought my M357-A1 without ever actually holding an MA1 of any caliber. The dealers in my area had none, but I did research for four months and finally decided it had to be a Steyr pistol.

And I love my M357-A1 so much I shelled out and got me a M40-A1, too. Can't wait to shoot it for the first time tomorrow. Just got it last week.

You may find as I did that just one Steyr pistol is not enough.

If they come out with a S357-A1 as widely hinted, that will most likely be Steyr pistol No. 3 for me. And if they add a new L "for large" model to go with the M "medium" and S "small" models, that's probably going to be No.s 4 and No. 5, too, as the hint on the L model is .45 ACP and 10mm. Definitely the latter and maybe the former also for me.

I hope you realize these Steyr pistols are very addictive. No known cure and who wants to fine one? Not me. :mrgreen:

5. Welcome Aboard matt13!

Like you I started out looking for the best polymer pistol I could purchase and like you my research led me again and again to the Steyr M40.

If you loved it at 200 rounds you're going to love it even more after 500.

You'll laugh from this day forward when some gun manufacturer claims their pistol has a "natural point," because now you really know what that is.

6. nixon

nixon Member

matt13,
    you probably made the best gun purchase of your life. That is how i felt the first time i held my M40A1. I am now on my thousand round and it looked unfired and there seems to be no sign of wear at all. Likewise, i bought mine without even handling one much less firing it. I made my decision based on a week's time of reading opinions from the finest gun forum there is , bar none - Steyrclub !!!!!! This MA1 series is simply unbelievable. I' have several other pieces and this one is tops in quality and my new fave.
    enjoy it.
    nixon,

7. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

Great purchase on the M9A1, especially at that CDNN price. I have five handguns:

Ruger Mark III Hunter
    Ruger 50th Anniversary Blackhawk
    Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter
    Smith & Wesson PC1911
    Steyr M9A1

If I could keep only one, it would be the Steyr. Of course, there's no reason I could keep only one. This is still an American free country. Later,

P.S. Sound25, do you shoot at KRRC?

8. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Welcome to the Club, matt* :)

U gonna love it! :p

Wulf

9. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

It's well thought out and easy to shoot

10. Aznav

Aznav Guest

Matt, +1! I did the exact same thing you did, CDNN and all, and got the same results. Selling my "pretty" guns.

11. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Congrats! You won't regret it.

12. Dag

Dag Guest

Hi matt13

Well, sorry to break the news, but you are now officially a Steyr addict! :shock: ... but when you consider all the other things you could be addicted to, being addicted to one of the world's fine defensive pistols ain't all that bad! :D So sit back and enjoy the ride!

I picked up my M40-A1 over the internet, did a little tweaking to get the ejection pattern to my liking and it's now my #1 SD gun. So shoot the heck out of it - after a couple of thousand rounds, all of the mating surfaces are just getting broken in. Speaking of shooting, how about a little more detail on your first range outing? Did you clean it before shooting? Any problems at all? What ammo?

Be sure to take a look at the tutorials on the Steyr Club home page, keep it clean and well maintained, and it will treat you right! :wink: Oh yeah, don't be a stranger to posting and letting us know what's on your mind.

So, welcome to the club and enjoy your new gun!

Dag

13. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

8) Sorry Dag. You're about three months too late. Aznav resurrected this post from March.

14. Dag

Dag Guest

Too late!

Hi matt13

Oh, poo! :oops: Well, better late than never! I guess I should pay closer attention to the post dates. Thanks.

Dag

15. snort

snort Guest

I've been handling Handguns since my early teens and this MA1 is by far the most hand and eye friendly pistol I've ever seen, or held. The only complaint I've ever had was trying to find a good CC holster and after complaining to Styer about it they turned my onto the love club :lol: Comfort, dependability and accuracy says it all. BTW, just so you don't think I'm 20 and green, I turn 60 this year :shock:

16. Dag

Dag Guest

Love Club

Hi snort

I just had to reply - Steyr pistols are lovely guns, both form and function, and members here certainly love Steyr pistols, but LOVE CLUB? :shock: How about something like "the rough and tough, rugged, manly men, gun totin', bad guy blastin', testosterone pumped club"? 8) I think that's a better fit than LOVE CLUB. Oh oh, wait a minute, we've got lady members too, don't we? Dang, now I'm going to get flamed for being a misogynist.

Wow, so you're only 59? Heck, I've got socks older than that! :roll: Ok, so I just turned 60 in April, but I still feel like 20. ... or do I just like to feel 20 year olds? I forget. CRS and all that!

When you find that really great CCW holster, be sure to let us know.

Have fun!

Dag

17. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Dr. Phil, where are you?

18. Bladetech is probably the best holster manufacturer out there and they make just about every holster they have available for the MA1.

19. Dag

Dag Guest

Hi SELFDEFENSE

Dr. Phil is a Steyr Club member? :shock:

So tell me, how does that make you feel? :roll: Tee hee!

Dag

20. Dag

Dag Guest

Bladetech

Hi ministerofdeath

I don't have a holster, since my M40-A1 is primarily a house gun, but I'd really like to get started in IDPA. It sounds like I should take a look at Bladetech. Thanks! :)

Dag