Thank you!

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by tbg, Feb 2, 2008.

1. tbg

tbg Guest

First of all, thank you for allowing me to join this forum. I’ll admit that I’ve haunted this site as a guest for a few months now and decided that I liked what I’ve read and learned. I have an extreme dislike for the “my gun is better than your gun” forums and appreciate the lack of “brand-X” bashing not found on this site. The truth is there are a lot of very good firearms available today from many different manufacturers. I have grown an appreciation for many of them based on my needs and wants. For what it is worth, here the formula I used in arriving at the decision to purchase the M9-A1.

My short list of 9mm’s was comprised of the following semi-automatics; Beretta SX4 Storm, Ruger SR9, Magnum Research Baby Eagle and the Steyr M9-A1.

My criteria for purchasing were based, in order, on these attributes.
    1. Reliability
    2. Ergonomics
    3. Accuracy
    4. After sale support
    5. Curb appeal (yea, it has to look good!)
    6. Price
    7. Accessories

With the exception of readily available accessories, the Steyr was the clear cut choice. Ergonomically it felt the best in my hand. My comparison was based on a borrowed M40-A1 which, for it’s caliber was acceptable accurate once I figured out the sights. The general posting I’ve read seem to indorse reliability and the after sales support, according to the members on this forum, is as good as it gets. I must admit that the appearance of the M9 was what initially caught my eye. Different? Yes, but in a good kind of way. Given the fact that this is a $669 handgun, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could purchase it for just less that $350. A good deal by all accounts. I would be remiss if I didn’t thank this forum for supplying me with honest information that allowed for an educated purchasing decision. Thanks again and sorry for this length post!

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member