Texas meet ... Dec or January 2011

Discussion in 'Texas' started by blueorison, Nov 20, 2010.

1. blueorison

blueorison Member

Guys, I know I'm new and thus I apologize if I'm treading on any toes,

wanted to organize a Texas meet.

Now, I read in your past post that you guys wanted a free-movement range that doesn't require you to shoot from an affixed position.

There is a new 400 acre range here called Best of the West in Liberty Hill near Austin. It has 80 yard tactical bays that allow running and gunning.

I have family in Dallas and OK, and drive 3 1/2 to DFW and another 4 to Norman, OK, so I know what it is to drive a bit.

I'm up for a meet in Dallas, if most of us who want to go are in Dallas; however, you guys will have to pick a range, I'm not familiar with any in Dallas.

If in Austin, let me suggest earlier meet dates so we don't have to encumber our Christmas plans... how about Dec 18th or 19th (saturday/sunday)?

If it's in Dallas, I will have to be going down on the 23rd of Dec, so maybe we could have it after Christmas?

Sound off, guys! :salute:

I really would love to meet Eth, Cattivo, Soverign, and other senior members and learn a thing or two! :)

Jonathan

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

We're having another meet in Hico, TX during New Years. It's going to probably be a 3-day campout thing, but thus far 4 DFW locals (including myself) are stocked and slated to go. I'm sure we could accomodate more of you guys if anyone else wanted to show up...

Regard Austin, is this the range you are an RO at? I seem to recall a previous post that alluded to something like that?

3. blueorison

blueorison Member

Hico! I looked that up on the map and it is on the way to DFW from Austin!

I would love to join ya'll if you don't mind another taggin along; I promise I won't spoil your fun!

Are there any public restrooms or facilities/stores nearby or is it "out there out there"? :D

I RO at a private range that is the best range in Austin. It is very large and well equipped, including action pistol bays, bullseye bays, 100/200/300 rifle, etc. The best part about the range is the members, and that it is private and requires background checks etc. All the members are ex MIL/LE so it is very safe and I don't worry about having to bark at anyone (just the occasional tactical wannabe).

If you and your posse don't mind sharing time with a kid like me, I'd love to join ya'll.

4. Bone_Enterprise

Bone_Enterprise New Member

Hrmm, Hico a nice little 5.5HR drive up the road.

5. blueorison

blueorison Member

You in San Antone, Bones? :)

6. Bone_Enterprise

Bone_Enterprise New Member

Just south of Houston, hence Houston as my "Location".

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  7. blueorison

blueorison Member

Syntax, any updates to if you'll let me crash your party :D

If ya'll are full it's all good :)

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sorry, we already have a Jonathan. :lol:

I'm sure we can make the room - I'll PM you some more details.