Texas gun owners fight for carry rights

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Netfotoj, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Politics often makes “strange bedfellows” but in Texas, a dispute over guns in vehicles is also resulting in some unusual allies. Can you imagine the ACLU and NRA being on the same side in a dispute over gun laws? This odd couple has joined together to fight for the rights of Texans to carry unlicensed weapons in a vehicle while traveling.

And would you believe that Texas lawmen are also accused of “Bubba profiling”? What in the “P.C.” world is the home of the famed Texas Rangers up to?

Here’s the full story in the New York Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/05/us/05guns.html

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

that's ALWAYS been my beef. the aclu is uniquely suited to defend the second ammendment as well as the first. they never seem to bother.

i guess they figure the nra is the second ammendment lobby.

well, i'm going to start a new lobby for the 25th amendment. people are all the time squabbling over this one. well, i'm making my stance known right now!!!!! the 25th stands as written and is not subject to ANY interpretation.

i'll call it ABXXV (pronounced abixxive) short for: All 'Bout XXV!!

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Isn't that the "passed just in time for Spiro Agnew to get caught with his hand in the cookie jar" amendment?

Also known as the "Gerald Ford's accidental presidency" amendment?

Today we could call it the "pray Bush and Cheney don't both drop dead or we'll have President Nancy Pelosi" amendment.

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

hell... i don't know. that's the one my dart landed on. :D