Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've got the PT145, PT745C, and 24/7 in .45 ACP. They're decent little guns -- especially for the price. The PT145 has found a home as a vehicle console gun. Also, I conducted a little "shoot-out" between the PT745 and the Kahr P45 as seen here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php ... did=558986

However, I have discovered a flaw with the Taurus pistol line...maybe not serious for most, but one I have to be careful with in my shooting.

In either the old DAO or newer SA/DA Taurus pistols, if you pull in the take-up on the trigger and then engage the safety lever -- the gun will have an appearance of being in "safe" mode. However, the trigger remains in the rearward position (does not return full forward) and WILL FIRE the pistol if pulled -- even with the safety lever is in the up or safe position.

If the trigger is allowed to return fully from the reset position and then the safety lever engaged -- the pistol is in safe mode.

Just something to be careful with...

Regards.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.