Syntax's Tight-Assed Hogue Grips

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Wulf, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

U won''t believe the beauty of these grips for someone w/ hands the size of mine for my M and S -A1's. :shock: They get my d*ck hard. 8) Check 'em out! :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and as a freeby, here's a pic o' onna the variations on theme of the Tri-Trap Night Sights, via HiViz triangle lite pipe, made for shotguns. Pretty kewl, tho.

[​IMG]

I gotta tell ya, tho...was a real pain in the ass gettin' them grips installed. :shock: But, once ya get 'em on, take a little extra time and while the hairspray is still a lit'l slippery, keep shiftin' 'em til the grip feels just right, then let 'em dry over night. They won't move after that and ya gotta kickass custom grip. 8) PM Syntax360 till he gets off 'is ass and makes 'em available thru SC for all our members. I don't know what the grips listed for the M and S Series are, product ordering or cost-wise, but if ya don't get these, ur missin' out, IMHO. And, its a good "HO". ;) Hava great weekend. :p

Wulf

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Hey Wulf,

When can I get me one of them "Tri-Trap Night Sights, via HiViz triangle lite pipe"?

And putting the regular Hogue grip on was like trying to cram 10 lbs. of manure in a 5-lb. sack. If these are any tighter, I don't see how you got them on.

Just so I could see the two grips side by side, I'll put the two photos together here.

Here's the regular Hogue grip on my M357-A1.

[​IMG]

And here's Syntax's Hogue grip on your M357-A1.

[​IMG]

I can't see any difference. Guess I'll just have to take your word for it, bro, cause if I recall right, you've tried both the regular grip and syntax's grip. Or is my CRS disease kicking in again?

Here's the link to the regular Hogue grip I installed on mine.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=662386

Is this a different grip from the Hogue grip syntax has?

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I can sure see a difference between them....

Wulfs grip has the textured surface wrapping all the way around the front of the grip frame, Netfotojs has smooth finger grooves with no texture [my preference].

also, the finger separators are more defined on Netfotojs grip [Wulfs appear deformed, to me]...

These simply are not the same grip.

...and based on appearance alone, I think The full size Hogue grip on Netfotoj M357-A1 looks like it would be much more comfortable in my hands.....

My G17[2nd Gen Frame] uses a Pachmayr Grip, My Khar P9, Baby Eagle and Desert Eagle .50AE all use Hogue Grips. My G19[3rd Gen Frame], Steyr M9, M9-A1, M40-A1 and my P22 all feel fine in my hands without any add-on grips....

But, hey... Thats just me!!!!

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Some better pictures of the tool grip...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They definitely go on tight. I boiled some water, pulled the pot off the burner and tossed in the grip. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and poured the grip out and let it cool enough to touch, and then installed. It still wasn't easy to get on, but not as much of a PITA as it could have been.

I like the tool grip more because the finger seperator grooves aren't quite so defined - the tool grip doesn't detract at all from the original grip design. I was really just looking for something to keep the grip from getting so slippery when shooting for awhile, and to add just a bit more girth - it was just a hair too slim for my liking before. After the install, I can't imagine a better fit. :)

Would there be any interest in different colors? Red, orange, green, or blue? Black is all I have on hand, but I believe I can get the others as well.

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *foto* :)

Here's the pkg I got the grips Syntax360 sent me.

[​IMG]

The other grips I tried were longer and the finger grooves were slightly lower. I like 'em like they are now. 8) Went out shooting today and really appreciated the recoil dampenin' effect, as well. I can't imagine not havin' anymore. I kinda wonder what'll happen after cleanin' solutions and lubricants have their way with 'em a few years down the line, but at this cost, I'm already thinkin' I'll get some more from *tax b4 he runs out and I can't get 'em anymore. Maybe somethin' to think about. <shrug> Anyway, hava good week, *foto* and thanx again, *tax. :)

Wulf

6. bianchi59

bianchi59 Guest

grips

If you find the hogues too big, try cutting a piece of a 1.25" x26" bicycle tube and slip it over the Steyr grip. Makes a solid handhold.

7. armored

armored New Member

I installed the Hogue universal slip ons AFTER I launched my M9A1 while drawing from the holster at a IDPA classifier 2nd string and 3 shots into it a DQ.

The Pistol felt SOOOO much better and secure with the rubber on (don't we always feel more secure with the rubber on!).

Black is the only "color" I can picture on a M9A1.
    Unless I pursuit my fantasy career as a Pimp.

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Alright guys - bianchi59 stole the last grip I have. I'm going to try to get some more next week. I'll letcha know when I have good stock again. :)